🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need your help guys in increasing my upwork b...
Page options
muneeb599
Community Member

Need your help guys in increasing my upwork business

Hy, i need little help and guidance from you guys.

ABOUT ME:I am a top-rated plus freelancer active on Upwork from last 16 months, I have completed 8 jobs and 4 jobs are in progress. I have 100 jss from start and worked 2000 hours on my profile. MY QUESTION: I am not getting any invites on Upwork and I am bidding from the last 3 months and used about 170 connects just win 3 jobs. is there is any way I can get invites from clients also I am not getting a good response from bidding also?

I don't know where i am making mistakes! Few clients contacted me but they offered me to work for cheap but I don't like to sell my skills in cheap. Any idea of how can I increase my Upwork business. any suggestions will be welcomed. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
dsmgdesign
Community Member

Muneeb H wrote:

Hy, i need little help and guidance from you guys.

ABOUT ME:I am a top-rated plus freelancer active on Upwork from last 16 months, I have completed 8 jobs and 4 jobs are in progress. I have 100 jss from start and worked 2000 hours on my profile. MY QUESTION: I am not getting any invites on Upwork and I am bidding from the last 3 months and used about 170 connects just win 3 jobs. is there is any way I can get invites from clients also I am not getting a good response from bidding also?

I don't know where i am making mistakes! Few clients contacted me but they offered me to work for cheap but I don't like to sell my skills in cheap. Any idea of how can I increase my Upwork business. any suggestions will be welcomed. Thanks

Hi, Muneeb, 

I'm impressed by your question above. I'm not as impressed by your profile summary. For starters, it uses alot of "I" statements ("I am", "I have", "I have", "I always develop"). Try to avoid this. You want to talk about how you can solve your clients problems. Not just talk about yourself.  Also, take a look at your list of bullets. There's alot of stuff that doesn't belong there, and some that seem repetitive. Edit your profile fiercely. 

I'd also experiment with your rate. Don't go cheap, and don't take on jobs that are less than you are worth, but do play around with your rate until you find where you fit for your level of experience. For example, I recently raised my rates and got a ton of invites. But I think that might have something to do with the algorithm, which I can't control. I'd actually recommend upgrading to Freelancer Plus for a month, if you don't already have it. That way you can see what others are bidding on the jobs that you are bidding on. Just one month can be pretty enlightening. I've done that when I hit a slump.

Also, be very selective about the jobs you are bidding on. Now that you have some project history, try to go after only jobs that look like the other jobs you have done. 

Just a few tweaks to your profile, perhaps your rate, and being selective on the jobs you are going after are the three most important things you can do. 

Good luck! 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members