🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Negative hours on my job history
Page options
bryan-ngo
Community Member

Negative hours on my job history

Hi all, good day to you.
So recently, I completed an hourly job with a client. She accidentally pays me through a bonus instead of waiting for the hourly payment. So, in order to refund her, do I have to wait till I get my hourly pay, when it is available, before refunding her? Oh, and also, I worked 6 hours for this project, but it is showing -7 hours in my job history. One last question, if I refund the hourly payment to her ( but I'm keeping the bonus) will it affect my jss? Thank you for reading, please do lend me a hand here.

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Bryan N wrote:

1.  So, in order to refund her, do I have to wait till I get my hourly pay, when it is available, before refunding her?

2.  Oh, and also, I worked 6 hours for this project, but it is showing -7 hours in my job history.

3. , if I refund the hourly payment to her ( but I'm keeping the bonus) will it affect my jss?

1.  No, you can and should issue the refund right away, it will get taken out of your available or pending funds.

2. That's a bug and it'll resolve itself.

3.  No, refund the bonus, not the hourly payment, and no, it won't affect your JSS.

Hi Petra, thank you for answering. 
The scenario now is actually like this.
I worked 6 hours, for $9 an hour. So I'm supposed to be paid $54. However, the client wanted to pay me a bonus of $6, which makes it $60. ( I guess she didn't know that she can just pay me $ 6 and then wait for the $ 54 bill). She just paid $60 straight away through the bonus. So, will I still need to wait for the $54 in my account before refunding?

Thanks for your time 🙂

Bryan N wrote:

She just paid $60 straight away through the bonus. So, will I still need to wait for the $54 in my account before refunding?

No, as I said before, you can just refund $54 of the bonus

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members