🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » New Client Hired 17 Freelancers Today and Sen...
Page options
haartenyuri
Community Member

New Client Hired 17 Freelancers Today and Sent Suspicious Offer

Hello community, 

I received an offer by a suspicious client who has created an account yesterday. 

He has zero spendings, and has hired 17 people only today according to Upwork. 

I received an offer without details and then he told me he needs someone to run ads for him, and asked about my experience and email. Surely, I didn't share my email, as I think Upwork could penalize me, right? 

But the offer is suspicious and the client hasn't replied anymore. 

The client said he wanted me to run Facebook ads for him so he needs email to add me to his business's Business Manager. 

• Do I risk anything if I share my email? 
  • Have you received such offer before? 
  • Does Upwork allow me to share email with him without accepting the offer first? 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

It's a scam, and no, you are not allowed to share your email - that rule is supposed to prevent newbies from being scammed. Flag the job as inappropriate and you'll get your connects back.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

It's a scam, and no, you are not allowed to share your email - that rule is supposed to prevent newbies from being scammed. Flag the job as inappropriate and you'll get your connects back.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Gletjan,

It's against Upwork's ToS to share your email to a prospect. Please click the Academy link on the top of this page for success TIPS which will answer these types of questions in great detail. Thanks!

m_terrazas
Community Member

Gletjan M wrote:

Hello community, 

I received an offer by a suspicious client who has created an account yesterday. 

He has zero spendings, and has hired 17 people only today according to Upwork. 

I received an offer without details and then he told me he needs someone to run ads for him, and asked about my experience and email. Surely, I didn't share my email, as I think Upwork could penalize me, right? 

But the offer is suspicious and the client hasn't replied anymore. 

The client said he wanted me to run Facebook ads for him so he needs email to add me to his business's Business Manager. 

• Do I risk anything if I share my email? 
  • Have you received such offer before? 
  • Does Upwork allow me to share email with him without accepting the offer first? 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/To-all-freelancers-looking-for-help/m-p/1222058#M731117

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members