🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » New To Upwork
Page options
Annemarie D Community Member

New To Upwork

Hello Everyone

New to Upwork.I need some advice please.I did a job proposal this morning.The client requested that I contact them through Telegram,watch a video on how to do the job.He sent me the documents to type through Telegram,when I requested they be sent through email he said he cannot.I am scared that this is a scam?The job proposal is also has been removed from upwork in my proposals.What to do?

1 REPLY 1
Sophie A Community Member

The job post was removed because it was not following Upwork Terms of Service and most likely a scam.

As a new freelancer, there is a lot you need to learn before jumping right in to sending proposals. First, communicating outside of Upwork is a violation of Upwork’s Terms of Service you agreed to when you signed up. Link below.

Upwork Legal Center

Please also read the following resources to get you up to speed on how to use Upwork, and learn what is allowed and not allowed. That will help keep you safe and in compliance with the rules.

Freelancing 101 on Upwork - Upwork Community

Upwork Legal Center

Get Started – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

List of red flags for scams - Upwork Community

Report Suspicious User Activity – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Understanding and Using Connects – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs - Upwork Community

SCAM : STOP buying PUBG, CRYPTO, NFT, etc… on... - Upwork Community

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members