🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » New to Upwork: Question regarding first clien...
Page options
0262bbf3
Community Member

New to Upwork: Question regarding first client?

Hi, I recently got my first client on Upwork, but I'm not sure how the payment process usually happens. I've finished designing the logo she wanted and she seems satisfied. Do I send her all the necessary files or do I wait until she pays? Im not sure how it usually goes. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
f48505d7
Community Member

Do share a snap of the file, not the original file.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
f48505d7
Community Member

Do share a snap of the file, not the original file.

yofazza
Community Member

All of your work belong to the client so you must provide them with everything.

If it's the 4 hour job in TS' profile, monies from tracked hours last week will be available on the 30th. Monies on this week's tracked hours will be available on September 6th.

Client's card is charged automatically.

Congratulations on the first project! When did you sign up btw?

0262bbf3
Community Member

Thank you! I signed up for Upwork this month.

Will do. Thank you!

When the job is complete, you give the client the real work, not some picture.

You think a client is going to pay you for a photo?

spectralua
Community Member

Fixed-price: Client must open contract. After that use "submit work" inside contract with file you created. Then client releasing funds and closing contract.

saimaansari
Community Member

Hi,

Congratulations on securing your first client on Upwork! It's great to hear that you've successfully completed the logo design and that your client is satisfied.

In terms of the payment process, it's important to follow the guidelines set by Upwork to ensure a smooth transaction. Generally, you should wait until your client funds the milestone or approves the work before providing the final files. Once the payment is processed, you can then share the necessary design files and any other deliverables.

Make sure to communicate with your client regarding the next steps and ask if they have any preferences or specific requirements for file delivery. It's always a good practice to maintain clear and open communication throughout the process.

If you have any doubts or concerns about the payment process, you can also refer to Upwork's support resources or reach out to their customer support for assistance.

Best of luck with your freelance journey on Upwork, and I hope you have many more successful projects to come!

Generally, you should wait until your client funds the milestone or approves the work before providing the final files.

Completely wrong. That's how people get into trouble.

You have to make sure the job is funded BEFORE you ever begin work. If not, you can do a lot of work for nothing.

Once the payment is processed, you can then share the necessary design files and any other deliverables

When the project is complete, you give the work to the client. Then you either receive the hourly or the milestone. You don't use copies of files, etc. Why would a client pay you for a copy or a photo?

And you do not wait until the payment is processed to give the client their work.

Your advice shows you need to go to the Academy and learn the rules.

If you have any doubts or concerns about the payment process, you can also refer to ...or reach out to their customer support for assistance.

As you said, resources, yes. If you have questions, read the rules, and use the Academy. If you still have questions, bring them to the community. There are many experienced, knowledgeable freelancers who can help you.  It is not appropriate to use Support to answer questions.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members