cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie milestone reached, what now ?

davidlefevere
David L Member Since: Jun 14, 2016
1 of 9

I have reached all my milestones, and my client has accepted the work. Should I end the contract to write him a review or what should I do now ? I have received confirmation that my payment is pending. I would also like to add this contract to my job history, does Upwork auto-add your finished contracts or do I have to do so manually ?

Thank you for helping !   

David 

mariawicz5
Community Guru
Maria A Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
2 of 9
I would ask the client to end the contract since it affects your JSS if you do it yourself. Once it's ended, their feedback will automatically show up on your page. Sometimes it's not immediate though.
davidlefevere
3 of 9

Ok thank you ! Will I still be able to write him a review afterwards ? 

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 9

I may be wrong, but I believe as long as you've successfully finished a project, upload files that the client has approved, you yourself can close a contract with no affect on your JSS.

david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
5 of 9

@Virginia F wrote:

I may be wrong, but I believe as long as you've successfully finished a project, upload files that the client has approved, you yourself can close a contract with no affect on your JSS.

If the client closes the contract then they have to leave feedback. If the contractor closes the contract, the client doesn't have to leave feedback. While this may not be a problem, a lot of closed contracts without feedback are viewed negatively by the system and will eventually affect JSS.

No one really knows how many "no feedback" contracts have to occur before it has an effect.

yowiedesign
Community Guru
Craig A Member Since: Jan 18, 2016
6 of 9

@David G wrote:

@Virginia F wrote:

If the client closes the contract then they have to leave feedback. If the contractor closes the contract, the client doesn't have to leave feedback. While this may not be a problem, a lot of closed contracts without feedback are viewed negatively by the system and will eventually affect JSS.

No one really knows how many "no feedback" contracts have to occur before it has an effect.

You beat me to it.

I took too long typing Smiley Happy

yowiedesign
Community Guru
Craig A Member Since: Jan 18, 2016
7 of 9

@Virginia F wrote:

If you close the contract yourself, the client is not required to leave feedback. A pattern of contracts without feedback will have a negative effect on your JSS.

I think the act of closing it yourself also has a negative effect, but I am not certain of this.

I do know that the advice from the more established freelancers and the moderators, is that you should alsways let the client close the contract.

I think the only time you would consider closing the contract yourself, is if the contract has been inactive for a long time (and I'm not certain how long that is). You then have to weigh up which is going to have the least effect. 

futuretro
Ace Contributor
Irving O Member Since: Apr 20, 2016
8 of 9

Is there potential for the client to add additional milestones? If so, you should consider doing more work with him Smiley Happy

davidlefevere
9 of 9

I have asked my client to end our contract and if he would consider working together in the future. Thank you for the quick help ! 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS