cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Job Interviews for 2-3 weeks

Highlighted
Charles L Member Since: Jul 27, 2015
1 of 9

Hi Everyone! I've read several topics here already but I can't find this one in particular if ever there's an existing thread already. But I have had at least 3-4 interviews per week in the past and about 2-3 weeks ago, I'm not getting any up until now. I also checked my stats and my profile view went down from 38 views to 1 view. May i know what happened or what I may have done wrong? My JS score is still alright and above 90% which is the same previously. Smiley Sad

It really worries me because my source of income is solely based on my UpWork earnings

Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
2 of 9

You haven't given us much to go off of.  

Have you been applying to jobs?  What does your proposal look like?

You might want to look into how Upwork ghosts profiles when they are not-so-related to the job posting.  Maybe this is happening to you?

Charles L Member Since: Jul 27, 2015
3 of 9

Hi Daniel, I usually dont apply on the jobs feed and rely only to interviews where they see your profile. So there's not acover letter or job application in this case. Maybe the topic title was wrong and should be No Invitation for Interviews for 2-3 weeks Smiley Very Happy

Well, one thing I noticed is that 3 weeks ago my JS was 89% and here i got several invitations for interviews, then 2 weeks ago(which is the 2 week update of JS), i got 91% and from this moment until today i have not gotten any interviews Smiley Sad Could it have affected how I was being found here on upwork?

Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
4 of 9

Try applying to jobs.  Can't complain about not making money if you aren't really trying.

Community Leader
Patrick P Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
5 of 9

@Daniel C wrote:

Try applying to jobs.  Can't complain about not making money if you aren't really trying.

Oh, boy. Where to start with this one... 

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
6 of 9

Charles wrote, "I usually dont apply on the jobs feed and rely only to interviews where they see your profile. So there's not acover letter or job application in this case. Maybe the topic title was wrong and should be No Invitation for Interviews for 2-3 weeks Smiley Very Happy"

FYI, Valeria of Upwork has confirmed elsewhere in the forums that Upwork periodically rotates the order in which freelancers are displayed when clients search for freelancers, so your profile is more likely to viewed at certain times. This policy is meant to give all freelancers a crack at having their profile viewed and might explain the variation in the number of invitations you receive.

7 of 9
Thank you guys for all the comments. Yes I started applying again a week before and hoping i will be able to land projects again in the near future.
Thanks John! I didn't know that one. Makes sense
Subhashini V Member Since: Jan 6, 2015
8 of 9

Even I'm facing the same issue , one profile views for past 4 weeks.No invitation to interview.

I had made my availability as 'NOT available' for 20 days as I had enough work.I have changed it to 'Available' four weeks ago still response is poor.Could my availability setting causing this?

James D Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
9 of 9

I have to say I know you're pain.

About three months ago I achieved Top-Rated status. Then, the four or five interview invitations I was getting each week went down to zero. 

They've showed up now and then (maybe 3 in the past two months) but not nearly as much as they used to. 

Perhaps employers equate Top-Rated with "Costs a lot of money"?

-J.R.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS