Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a Single Invite in Nearly 3 Months

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
11 of 20

Just checked-- it looks like I've had 5 invites in the past 90 days. I don't think I took any of those jobs. Some were outside my interest, others weren't offering enough $. 

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
12 of 20

@Imran A wrote:

I am paying UpWork at least $100 per month from my hard earned income. Can anyone tell me WHY I'm paying this much if UpWork is not driving me customers? If you're expecting me to apply for jobs every day even after spending 5 years on this platform, I think it's unfair and disrespectful.

I don't think Upwork is expecting you to do anything. How you run your business is your business. Clients decide whom they're going to invite, as they should.

If you find it inconvenient to take a few minutes each day to scan the job listings and a few more to bid on work that's a good fit for your skills, then you're probably right that this platform isn't a good fit for you. In my experience, it takes much more than the 30 minutes/week or so that I spend looking at postings and submitting bids to connect with new clients in other ways, but if you find it more efficient to do your own advertising or make cold calls...do.

airmanx
Imran A Member Since: Jun 7, 2015
13 of 20

Yes, I know. But I do expect UpWork to feature my profile to more than one person a week. That's the number of profile views I'm getting. One per week. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 20

@Imran A wrote:

Yes, I know. But I do expect UpWork to feature my profile to more than one person a week. That's the number of profile views I'm getting. One per week. 

I am sure you **DO** feature more than once a week. If clients don't want to click on you, Upwork can not hold a gun to their heads to MAKE them click on you to see your profile.

It probably means you may want to rethink your profile picture and / or your profile headline, and / or the first 2-3 lines of your overview, as those are ALL a client sees in a list of freelancers.

If those do not grab the client's attention and make them want to find out more, you will not be clicked on, and your profile will not be looked at.

airmanx
15 of 20

Petra, I think you are as new to UpWork as I am, and probably less experienced than me as far as copy writing is concerned, so please spare me your free advice. Please read the reply by Valeria and see there was actually a problem. I was not lying, as you seem to imply.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
16 of 20

Imran,

The reason clients can't view your profile is because your profile is currently set to private due to a violation of Upwork ToS. The team notified you about it a couple of months ago. You can't share links to external site that contain contact information and forms. Please, remove the links from your profile and follow up on the notification the team sent you.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork
airmanx
17 of 20

Thank you Valeria. The link you've mentioned is the link to my portfolio and the client has not way to contact me from that page. If you visit that link **Edited for Community Guidelines** you will see that I have placed my UpWork profile on top of everything else. Moreover, there is no email or form through which the viewer can contact me from that page. So, this action by UpWork was totally uncalled for.

Secondly, I did not get a notification for such a serious event. UpWork should have sent me a notification on its own platform. On top of that, I submitted two requests prior to this one and was told that it was because of the increased competition that I was not receiving the invites. Such casual attitude by the support crew is not expected or acceptable.

I have removed the subject link and made my profile public once again. But I have lost 3 good months because of this mindless error by UpWork. The least you can do is compensate me by sending more invites my way.

Finally, I would like to see the support crew named **Edited for Community Guidelines** taken to task for his casual and carefree attitude while responding to my complaints number 16830086 and 16891397, which I submitted regarding the same issue. He told me it was just the increased competition because of which I was not getting the invites.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
18 of 20

@Imran A wrote:

Thank you Valeria. The link you've mentioned is the link to my portfolio and the client has not way to contact me from that page. If you visit that link (**Edited for Community Guidelines**) .

Attention, there is a link to your Linkedin, G+ and Twitter, thus the profile suspension.

Off topic: you may want to close all your inactive jobs, they may have a negative effect on your JSS and present you as being too busy to future prospects.

Also I would respectfully suggest that you put an even better profile photo. Your photo is very decent but a professionally taken shot may add more value to your profile.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
19 of 20

Hi Imran,

I can confirm the reason for placing a hold on your account is valid since sharing direct contact information is not allowed as per Upwork ToS. I've checked the conversations you had across a few tickets and see that our team shared correct information in response to your questions. I see you already rated the support you received so please feel free to follow up on the open ticket if you have any questions. 

Untitled
cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
20 of 20

It's also my understanding (although I may be mistaken, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that the algorithm favors freelancers who are active and applying for a few jobs a week because it shows they are actively looking for and available for work.

If you are just sitting there and expecting Upwork to hand you jobs, then you're going to be disappointed. Freelancing of any kind on any platform takes work and investment.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS