🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not able to accept the new offer
Page options
mohsin013
Community Member

Not able to accept the new offer

There was one contract for $1400. I provided the work after the client activated the first milestone. I was pleased with the work and he wanted to pay me the remaining amount. However, he terminated the contract by mistake. As a result, he sent me an offer of $700 for the second payment. The money is in Escrow, but when I accept the offer it states that "The client account is on hold once the issue is resolved then you can accept the offer."

I would like to know what it is. It is the fourth time we are working together, he is a regular client, and money has been deducted from his card. Therefore, why is his account on hold? Is the hold on financial transactions or on his profile?

I have attached the error 

6 REPLIES 6
ArjayM

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this. As mentioned by one of our Support Team members and based on your screenshot, it looks like the issue is not from your end. If there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, you won't be able to accept the offer for your protection. There are many possible reasons this could occur, for privacy concerns, we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account.

The client must be the one to resolve the issue on his account. You may advise the client to communicate with us by reaching out and we'll be more than willing to assist. Additionally, feel free to update the ticket you've raised with your concern here if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
mohsin013
Community Member

Hi Aryjay, the link is not working for me. When I click "here" thank you for your support .. I am attaching screenshot

Hi Muhammad,

I understand you need assistance to be able to accept the offer. Your ticket is assigned to the correct team, and they should be able to help you with your concern. I would recommend adding these to the same ticket thread so that the team has the correct information to assist you more efficiently. Please don’t hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
mohsin013
Community Member

Hi Annie, 

My client has responded to the Upwork team several times but the problem is still there. The money is in Escrow the work is being heavily affected as a result. The upwork team is not providing a solution. 

Hi Muhammad,

I would like to reiterate that we won't be able to assist from here on out. The ticket is with the correct team and they are the best people to advise your client on what to do. Please have them coordinate with the said team if they need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members