🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Not getting Job Invitation
Page options
shamimdev
Community Member

Not getting Job Invitation

Hi experts,
It's been a year I'm here in this platform. I have completed 5 jobs and got 2 reviews. All the projects I have done are from my existing clients, means I worked for them outside of this platform. From the beginning I'm not getting job invitation and my profile visit is always 0. I sent number of proposals and seems I'm going to off!
Is there anyone who can check my profile and suggest me the necessary customization?
I would be appreciated 🙂
My profile link: Shopify Designer and Developer | WordPress and WooCommerce Developer
By the way my JSS is 100%

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
02d3e798
Community Member

I think focused profiles do better. I would suggest you write out for yourself who an ideal customer would be for you and write 1 paragraph that says that is your speciality.

You are in a very competitive sector so you really need to define your customer. As an example lets say I decide after thinking about it I would like to attract clients that need:

A new shopify website and have a budget of $150-250.

Now I need to think about what is that person likely to "look" like. In my example they will probably be people who need a website that have not so much experience and are perhaps needing their first website, so I'm guessing they probably do not know technical words. In which case my profile would literally say:
------
I am an expert in building websites, usually with Shopify, for clients who maybe new to websites and want an easy to maintain safe site. Normally my clients would want to spend around $250 and I will help you through every step so you do not need to know any jargon. If you have a design thats great, but if not there are many templates we can pick from together to find one that suits you.
 -----
You could pretty much leave it at that in this example but my point is with your profile you need to define your customer not as the world but pretend they are sitting across the table from you. So step 1 is define your customer, then have the imaginary conversation which will help define your profile.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
02d3e798
Community Member

I think focused profiles do better. I would suggest you write out for yourself who an ideal customer would be for you and write 1 paragraph that says that is your speciality.

You are in a very competitive sector so you really need to define your customer. As an example lets say I decide after thinking about it I would like to attract clients that need:

A new shopify website and have a budget of $150-250.

Now I need to think about what is that person likely to "look" like. In my example they will probably be people who need a website that have not so much experience and are perhaps needing their first website, so I'm guessing they probably do not know technical words. In which case my profile would literally say:
------
I am an expert in building websites, usually with Shopify, for clients who maybe new to websites and want an easy to maintain safe site. Normally my clients would want to spend around $250 and I will help you through every step so you do not need to know any jargon. If you have a design thats great, but if not there are many templates we can pick from together to find one that suits you.
 -----
You could pretty much leave it at that in this example but my point is with your profile you need to define your customer not as the world but pretend they are sitting across the table from you. So step 1 is define your customer, then have the imaginary conversation which will help define your profile.

Wow.. I'm really impressed with the example ypu put there. It is very simple yet sincere. Thank you for the example.

That's idea is really great though I tried this way except mentioning the budget. I should have do that and will apply this. 

Hi experts,
It's been a 1 and half year I'm here in this platform. I have completed 29 jobs and have 22 reviews with a success of 99% with a top-rated batch but I'm not getting any job invitations or New work through proposals.  I'm not getting job invitation and my profile visit is only a few per week.
Is there anyone who can check my profile and suggest me the necessary customization?
I would be appreciated

Danyal A. - Graphic Designer || Image Editor | High-End Retoucher - Upwork Freelancer from Peshawar,...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members