Page options
ashutoshsoni891
Community Member

Not getting project invites

Why I am not getting invitations ?Please check my profile and review it

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aashutosh S wrote:

Cool!

Your solution is pretty clear and straight forward.

So the clients have a limited number of free invitations to send ? also do you recommend me not to hide my earnings? Does it sound awkward to new clients?

I have premium freelancer account and I am curious about how do I take advantage of premium features at my current stage.

I have premium too, and it's a waste of money IMO but I never have to worry about connects either, so meh. It's a tax writeoff for me too so whatever.

I can't really tell you if hiding income is good or bad. Upwork says you get more out of showing it. I can only say that people have contacted me based on one factor being how much money I've made on the platform. I can only assume they see it as an indicator that I'm not a fraud and I must be somewhat good at what I claim I do to be around this long and making decent monthly income. This is my assumption but I don't think I'm too far off with it.

And yes, clients only get three free invites unless they pay, so that's probably gonna starve out a lot of the lower JSS people. But like I said, it looks to me like something bad will fall out in October so you might go up next month.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Why I am not getting invitations? Please check my profile and review it"

Your JSS is temporarily at a lower point than is optimal: 79%.

I believe you will again receive invitations when your score is much higher.

Right now your success in getting work will be based on the excellent, appropriate job proposals you send to public job postings that you carefully select.

lysis10
Community Member

So I'll just put on my "client" hat.

As a client, I only have 3 free invites. You claim to be an ML expert, but your JSS is 79%. I'll ignore the fact that I can tell you've probably refunded and that's why I don't see the bad jobs. I know this because I'm a freelancer, but if I was a noob client I would A) wonder why you're hiding charges when a majority of other freelancers don't, and B) why is your JSS so low compared to other "experts."

The thing is, lots of clients have heard horror stories of frauds on Upwork. I only have 3 free invites, so at this point I might as well invite people with 90%+ because I can more safely assume my free invites will go to people who are actually experts.

Looks like in october you will have a bad rating fall out, so you might have an increase in JSS and will have a better time at invites. For now, you need to just keep onnnn bidding.

Cool!

So the clients have a limited number of free invitations to send ? also do you recommend me not to hide my earnings? Does it sound awkward to new clients?

I have premium freelancer account and I am curious about how do I take advantage of premium features at my current stage.

It is not Upwork's intention that freelancers hide their earnings.

Upwork believes that freelancers are more profitable when they do NOT hide their earnings.

Most features of Upwork's premium freelancer membership plan can be thought of this way:

"Things that Upwork doesn't want freelancers to have, but many freelancers have asked for, so Upwork lets them have it if they pay for it."

Aashutosh S wrote:

Cool!

I have premium too, and it's a waste of money IMO but I never have to worry about connects either, so meh. It's a tax writeoff for me too so whatever.

I can't really tell you if hiding income is good or bad. Upwork says you get more out of showing it. I can only say that people have contacted me based on one factor being how much money I've made on the platform. I can only assume they see it as an indicator that I'm not a fraud and I must be somewhat good at what I claim I do to be around this long and making decent monthly income. This is my assumption but I don't think I'm too far off with it.

And yes, clients only get three free invites unless they pay, so that's probably gonna starve out a lot of the lower JSS people. But like I said, it looks to me like something bad will fall out in October so you might go up next month.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members