Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting response

Highlighted
Md Shariful I Member Since: Nov 18, 2017
1 of 10

Dear All,

Seeking your kind attention here please. I am not new at Upwork. I have worked here since few years. But last two years I have worked outside in few projects outside of Upwork and which are mostly our local projects. So I have lost my top rated badge. Now I am fully concentrating on upwork again. In the last whole month I have applied almost 60+ jobs and got only two replies back. I am not getting response as epected.

Moreover, In one of my job I have commented negatively and it is visible here. Because I had completed the project as per requirement and the client never asked me anything but gave me a bad rating.
I would request here can you please look at my profile what is wrong there and sugegst me few guides.

Thanks & Regards,

Sohel

Highlighted
Dennis J Member Since: Nov 18, 2017
2 of 10

I don't think it's you.  I think it's an issue with the clients on this site.  I'm not new to Upwork either, but recently I have responsed to a few job opportunities on this site and, with the exception of one, clients seem to not respond proposals.  It even came to the point where Upwork decided that I wasn't utilizing the site so they permanently made my profile "private".  I had to prove to them that I was in fact utilizing the site, but due to a lack of responses from clients, it seemed as though I wasnt using the site.  I even had to provide them with screenshots of my profile to show the jobs I submitted proposals for, which showed them the lenght of time those proposals had been sitting there awaiting client responses.  

The one client that did respond, we communicated for about a day because I needed clarifification on what it was exactly that he was looking to get done, then all of a sudden he dissapeared.  I wasn't even awared that he cancelled the request until I looked at my proposal submission link and noticed it (I didn't receve a notification or anything stating that the request had been cancelled).  I had spent time figuring out a solution for his request and everything.  This made me upset.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3 of 10

Hi Dennis,

Profiles are set to provide if you haven`t earned in the past 30 days. We do not request screenshots of your profile history or anything similar.
You can change your visibility to public with one of this 3 choices:

1. Contact our Customer support, or us here to change your visibility for free.
  2. Earn funds on your profile and your visibility will be changed.
  3. Upgrade to our Membership Plus plan to change your visibility to public.

Untitled
Highlighted
Reena V Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
4 of 10

Hello Goran

I have a problem that since last 3-4 months I have applied 60+ jobs but I am not getting replies form the respective client, can you please suggest whats wrong with my profile and other thing.

Is there any issue with my porfile or its about something else 

Kindly suggest me 

Thank you 

Reena

Highlighted
5 of 10

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your time to reply in my post. How did you overcome that? What can I do can you please suggest on this? Should I contact customer support?

Thanks & Regards,

Sohel

Highlighted
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
6 of 10

One of the main things that might be turning clients off is the fact you called another client a "disgusting client", but you left him five stars. Clients will look at that as retalitory and not honest. They will also assume that you are difficult to work with. I'm not saying you are, but clients will assume that. 

That's why it's always important that you cool off before you leave a feedback response. A response needs to be professional and honest.

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Highlighted
7 of 10

Hi Katrina,

Thanks to note it in my profile. Is there any way to refund the client and remove the feedback from my profile? I have given him 5 start because the job was taking 2/3 days and I have communicated him with no issues. He made the payment also but without any bigger mistake or sort of any mistake he gave me that bad feedback. I understand your points and I beieve most of clients are awesome.

Thanks & Regards,

Sohel

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
8 of 10

It is too long ago to refund, too late now. Promise yourself to NEVER respond to any feedback in such an unprofessional way ever again. It say far more about you than it says about the client.

Ultimately all you can do now is battle on and win contracts and complete them perfectly, so the bad one pushes down the page and eventually off the first page completely.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
9 of 10

Hi Petra,

Thanks for giving your valuable time on this post. I will start hunting in a positive mind. Wish me good luck!

Thanks & Regards,

Sohel

Highlighted
Vishal V Member Since: Sep 11, 2017
10 of 10

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I am trying since last 6 months but still do not have any job. Please guide me what should i do. Also visit my profile if anything need to be change?

Awaiting your response.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS