🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Nothing is working
Page options
444f49a1
Community Member

Nothing is working

I am trying to reply to prospective employers who sent me an email. However, Telegram wont accept a non-shared contact (their preferred mode of comms), and the email reply bounces out of Upwork who say:

"Update your email address to send your message
The message you just attempted to send was not delivered because we didn't recognize your email address. You can only reply directly to Upwork messages from the same email account that you have registered with us.
If you want to use this email account to send and receive messages from Upwork, you must change the email address on your account.
Update Email Address"

(this last sentence is a link button - WHICH DOES NOT WORK.)

I cannot get into my profile to shange my email address - although it IS correct.

I have no clue what is happening and the **** Support Bot is no use at all. 

If this persists tomorrow, I'll dump Upwork - VERY DISGRUNTLED>.

2 REPLIES 2
spectralua
Community Member

Use Upwork messages only before contract started.

Never use Telegram, never use emails or any other outside communication. It is ToS violation.

ArjayM

Hi Sally,

As Mykola mentioned, I would like to reiterate that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I actually checked your account and I can't seem to find any communications in your Messages. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the job you're referring to? I'll surely look into that and take action accordingly. Looking forward to your message.

We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here. We highly suggest you check this help article and this thread for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members