🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » One client send me legal notice
Page options
teklat002
Community Member

One client send me legal notice

Client had send me a NDA template on 18 April and I read that in which the names of both the parties were to be given then I signed that document but client doesn't signed and shared his any details with me even he not shared any work details and he told me that , "sorry I send wrong Nda" and he ended first contract and requested for refund told that "I will hire again" and he try to feel me comfortable that there is nothing a big work there is just a little 10$ task. If he wanted, he could have worked in the same contract and could have been edited . A day later he sent an offer in the name of Upwork Development which he said accepted that you don't need any signature I am confused but he told me this just offer and nda just accept it and start working , he doesn't say me to read it , and I trust them because He had easily ended the previous contract and got the trust that I can be trusted to be a good man because he want to trapped me In This New Contract. When I saw contract that's different from previous one even in that contract there is no details. of work , both parties name and deadline and even I don't understand what is happening . I Said Him In a Call that please tell me all work details in written formate but he said that , do what I am saying it's easy task, and I am confused and I Don't Understand what he want . And I thought he is very smart and I Was Trapped And Now I Have To Work For free Then I decided to say no and I said I have some personal issue I don't want to continue this task now he started Blackmailing me that you have to work otherwise I take legal action your intention is not good you want "stolen my code". And Then I Delivered he Said Me That I Take Legal Action On Codingsys And You but Now I Don't Understand , That Why He Is Taking Name Of Codingsys because It Has Zero Revenue And Even I Don't Take Any Work On Codingsys . But Then I think That Client is Assuming That I am not good and I am not able to complete his task He had previously taken the name Codingsys So I Was Just said for client setisfaction Work To Any other Developer but then he told me call them Ravi , I think "for evidence" my contract is with Ravi , not with codingsys. that time I thought there no big issue with zero revenue Upwork agency because there is no work nor any member in Codingsys Upwork agency.

Conclusion 1. Violate the Upwork policy by blackmailing my personal information from outside. 2. No legal notice sent on upwork verified address and verified mail id means upwork was used only for targeting me. It means He already taken all My information from Google to trapped me. 3. It's very clear he send it legal notice to codingsys address And He's Motive To Earn big Money By Trapping Small Companies . 4. There is no penalty in fixed rate contract but he demanded 45000$ for 10$ contract. 5. Can this contract be called invalid by Upwork? Please help me and give me best suggestion because my monthly income is less then 500$ Note : I had to login from some other device to recover the upwork chatting screenshot

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ravi, just block him.

Block him on Upwork, and on any other communication method that you used with him.

And stop thinking about him.

Right now, I want you to think about ME.

I am DEMANDING that you create a device which can teleport me to the moon. And if you do not do this for me, then I will SLAY ALL THE UNICORNS on your grandfather's unicorn ranch.

Do you take my demand seriously? Are you worried? No?
You need to transfer those feelings about me and my demands to your feelings about the client who is making meaningless demands and threats and asking you for $45000 after you were hired for a $10 Upwork contract.

No excuses. No conversation. No "but what if..."

Just block him and forget about this.

teklat002
Community Member

ok sorry &  thanks i already blocked him on june first week i live in india and he lives in switzerland but he sent two notices by indian lawyer to my address that's why i asked 

Ravi:
I'm not a lawyer, and I don't actually know anything about your situation.

But based on what I can see, the "client" you mentioned is a bully and a scammer. I think he is trying to pull this scam on as many people as possible to try to get money from SOME of them.

Don't respond.

Do YOU sincerely believe that you should give that person $45000?

Does it even matter?
You don't have that kind of money.

REMEMBER: That client lives in Switzerland.
He is not going to come to your house and yell at your cat.

He is playing around on the Internet trying to scam money from people.

Maybe they're trying to con you and they actually live somewhere nearby. There're these "hacking" cases where all victims are South Asian agencies. Be careful with your passwords including email's. Beware of social engineering, let your agency members aware of this.

The "legal notice" itself sounds silly.

re: "Maybe they're trying to con you and they actually live somewhere nearby."

Radia makes a good point. Do we have any evidence that this client is actually located in Switzerland? A scammer may well claim to be in Switzerland, but live in India.

If this person is lying about what country they live in, then they are certainly a scammer and not something you should waste time worrying about.

If a scammer goes to the trouble of sending physical letters, that means they're putting some effort into the scam. But it doesn't make what they're doing any less of a scam.

re: "but he sent two notices by indian lawyer to my address that's why i asked"

You received two separate letters in the mail, correct?

But nobody actually came to your house.

PradeepH

Hi Ravi,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a client. I see that you have already reported this client to our support team via a ticket. One of our team members will reach out to you via the same ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ok, so this is a new scam, or maybe a less common one. Threatening people to pay a crazy amount of money? I don't think that can ever work. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members