🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Only freelancers located in the U.S. may appl...
Page options
frcabrera
Community Member

Only freelancers located in the U.S. may apply.

Hi! I live in Europe and today I've seen two very interesting jobs but when I was going to make a proposal I saw that it said

You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications

You can't submit a proposal if you don't meet the Location criteria.

In the past I've been hired quite a few times in some jobs where they had this requirement but it allowed me to make the proposal, it just said 

"You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria"

Even if they had this when I sent it, the clients ended up hiring me, everything flowed nicely and I got my 5 Stars Reviews so is this a new change or something? the submit proposal button is greyed out and I've never had this happen in all the years I've been on Upwork, I've tried applying through the website and through the app and it said the same so I haven't been able to apply even though I meet what they needed (they want someone who works until 5PM US time and I normally go to bed at around 10PM US time here, my main clients and the big majority of the 62 clients I've worked with on this website are from United States and I've never had a problem with them so this is pretty frustrating as these two job offers were literally the best available today 

In case it's always been like this, why do you show me on my feed a job that I can't apply to, it doesn't make sense

1 REPLY 1
spectralua
Community Member

It was recommended or required. "You may still submit" is recommended, like before. Here is large US-only category, of cource it must be hidden from EU located freelancers.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members