🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Oops! Username is incorrect.
Page options
alpre1990
Community Member

Oops! Username is incorrect.

I'm trying to login to my upwork accout after a while and the login forms states "Oops! Username is incorrect.". I made this new account just to post my question here and look out for help gaining access back to my account. Can somebody help me?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi all,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided
~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

89 REPLIES 89
6a841b83
Community Member

Dear Nikola,

I do also have the same problem with my account and had to create another one to be able to post a comment here. Can you please help?

Hi Ramahaimandimby,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please send the details of the account that's having a problem? You can send me a PM by clicking on my name.

~ AJ
Upwork
ebbafe88
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I am experiencing the same issue with my original account.  Can you please help?  Thank you. 

Hi Sean,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
5c6b963b
Community Member

Hi guys! I have the same trouble with my account. It says "Oops! Username is incorrect." and I'm 100% sure I'm using the right email. When I go to "I forgot my password" it says "Invalid username or email".

What can I do to access my account?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Izabela,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
5c6b963b
Community Member

I've tried different browsers, different devices, deleting cookies, it still says "Oops! Username is incorrect." like the account with that email doesn't exist, and I've been using that email 100%. I checked 100 times if the spelling of the email is correct, and if that's the exact email that I've been using, I have emails from Upwork in that email's inbox about job posts and "keeping momentum" and stuff. It looks like someone logged in to my account and changed email and "stole it" or something. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Izabela,

Could you please send me a PM with the email address you're referring to? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
dc1407f3
Community Member

Hello Bojan. A friend of mine has a problem with their Upwork. Apparently he'd done some work for a client on Upwork. But now he can't login to his account. And it's his only survival means.

Please help. 

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for reaching out. We won't be able to discuss the details of another user's account here in the community. Please send me a PM with the details of the account you're referring to so I can check.  

~ Joanne
Upwork
3f84443e
Community Member

Hi Ellen, I have had the same problem. Upwork is my primary source of income and I have been trying to login to it for a while without success. I always get this "Username is incorrect" message. Is there a way to access my account? I created this account solely for this reason and will delete it as soon as I solve the problem. 
Thank you in advance. 

Hi Nassima,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your account. Can you please send me a PM with the registered email address of that account? I'll be happy to look into it.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5a8828bf
Community Member

I can't log in to my previous account. It says "oops username incorrect". But if I try to create a new account with that email then It says, this email is already in use.

I am temporarily using another account just to get it solved. If I can use my previous email I will remove this email from the account and will add the previous one.

Please help me to solve this issue. Thank you.

Hi Mohammad,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
9a60e53a
Community Member

Hi, my friend asked me to contact you for support.

He is not able to login with his email. It says "Oops! Username is incorrect". He is 100% sure this is the correct email address. He thinks someone might login and changed the login email. There is no other logical explanation. Can you please help sort this out? 

Hi Hristian,

Please know that we're unable to share any details of another user's account with you because of privacy reasons. Please let your friend know he can contact us directly via our different support channels and we'll be happy to help!

~Andrea
Upwork
e39467fa
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. it says the username is wrong when i enter the correct email. i can't login, change my username or even solve the problem in the chatbox. unfortunelly my last try was to make this account to ask for help please! i'm deleting this account when i just recovered mine

Hi Davi,

Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? I'd be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
vshashkov
Community Member

Hi,

A friend of mine is not able to log in with her email.

It says, "Oops! Username is incorrect". She is 100% sure this is the correct email address. But if she tries to create a new account with that email, it says this email is already in use.

Thank you!

Hi Vadym,

We truly appreciate you reaching out on behalf of your friend. However, we won't be able to discuss the details of another user's account here in the community. Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the email address associated with the account in question so that I can assist you further? Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
323905f2
Community Member

Hello, 

I also have difficulties login into my account. I created this account to get in contact with someone to solve the issue. I will delete this account as soon as the problem is resolved. 

All Best,

Linus

Hi Linus,

Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

I can't login to my account. When I try, it says my username or email is incorrect, and if I try to sign up with that email, it says it already exists.

Hi there,

I would be happy to help. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the email you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your message and assist you accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Hello, I PM'd twice but haven't heard back yet. Just hoping to get some resolution on this.

Community Member

Hello, it's been 4 days and as far as I know no response. Is there any other way I can address this issue?

Hi there, 

Apologies for the delay on this. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with? I'll be happy to assist you further there today.

~Andrea
Upwork
323905f2
Community Member

Hello there, 

I'm writing again because I haven't received a response yet.
I also have difficulties login into my account. I created this account to get in contact with someone to solve the issue. I will delete this account as soon as the problem is resolved. 

All Best,

Linus

Hi Linus,

I checked and it looks like Luiggi replied to you, asking you to send a private message with the account information. We do need the account's email address in order to locate the account and help you. As this is private information, please feel free to send us a private message with the details and we'll be happy to assist you there!

~Andrea
Upwork
18c9ee41
Community Member

Dear Moderator

I have and upwork account but I'm unable to logged into that account. I temporary created a new account to get assist from you. When my old account would be back to access I'm deleting this profile. How could I share the email address of the old account assist you?

Best regards

Nandun

Hi Nandun,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
1713492b
Community Member

Hello.

I can't log in to my previous account. It says "oops username incorrect". But if I try to create a new account with that email then It says, this email is already in use.  I tried to clear the cache and cookies and tried to log in again, but it didn't work. 

I am temporarily using another account just to get it solved. If I can use my previous email I will remove this email from the account and will add the previous one.

Please help me to solve this issue. Thank you.

Hi Vladyslav,

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello! Dear moderators, can someone help me? I have written several messages for 3 days, but I have not received any response. Please help me to solve this problem.
It is also acceptable for me if my old account is deleted (not blocked) so that I can register it again.

c05016ec
Community Member

Hi! I am trying to access my original account but I keep getting the error message "oops, your username is incorrect." I created this account to post about this issue here. Can someone assist? Thanks!

Hi Jenita,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, I am facing same Issue Please help me out. Thanks in advance.

Hi Hamza,

~ AJ
Upwork

Not able to send you private message.

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for following up. Could you please share a screenshot of the error message you receive on your end so that we can assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members