🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » PAN pending verification
Page options
arnabroy30
Community Member

PAN pending verification

Hello,

I have received an email yesterday regarding my PAN verification. My Tax information section containing the PAN number is valid and I have verified it with the Income Tax Department. Is there anyone from India facing the same issue? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Alok,

The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

101 REPLIES 101
waghela_infotech
Community Member

How should I do Verify my pan card it is showing Pan Pending verification . 

I update the my Pan number as well .

Hi Mohit,

The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end.

~ AJ
Upwork
alokranjan13
Community Member

alokranjan13_0-1655399032895.png

pls help...how can i verification sucessfully ?

Hi Alok,

~Andrea
Upwork

Hey Andrea G, I have Updated my pan information but still, 5% of the amount is being withheld.

Hi Mohit,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hey Andrea, I am the first time user. I am unable to withdraw because upwork told me that my PAN no. is not verified. It is totally wrong. IT dept of India already confirm that my PAN no is valid and verified. I don't know what is the problem for your side. If I am not getting my earning, so I have no use to work for Upwork. So, let me know clearly. Thanks, Amlan

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amlan,

As mentioned above, there is no further action needed on your end regarding your PAN. I don't see any limitations on your account and you should be able to withdraw your funds. If you're experiencing any errors with this please let me know and send a screenshot so we could check.

~Andrea
Upwork
53dc5599
Community Member

I have entered my pan. It says pending verification and I was billed 5% instead of 1% as WHT. Will it reduce to 1% after verification has been carried?

Hi Sift,

Thank you for your message. As long as your PAN details are already updated on the Upwork account without any error messages you will be eligible for reduced withholding tax on the next payment.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
f3526739
Community Member

Can you please check why my deductions are 5% instead of 1% ?
My PAN status" is already "completed" and it was already there before last milestone was approved, though upwork milestone in transactions having 5% (dont understand why ?)
Can you please help me with this ? 
Thank you!

f3526739_0-1679717176532.png

Hi Jaydeep,

I checked your account, and you already have an open ticket. One of our agents will update your passport and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
sevakviki
Community Member

Yes, I'm  facing same problem,

It's due to a miss match in the Physical PAN card user name and eportal.incometax.gov.in database.
On my PAN card, my name is Vivek A Parmar,
Where On the NSDL website my name is Vivek Anilbhai Parmar,
Due to this correction on Upwork, my PAN verification reject every time.

let me know if you get any leads.

How can we share this issue with the Upwork team!!

Hi Vivek,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
isweetdev
Community Member

Hello,

I have received an email regarding my PAN verification I did twice in 2 week but still is saying Pending verification.. My Tax information section containing the PAN number is valided and I am verified tax payer since 10 years.   Please review it.  My Full name is  Hiren Kishorbhai Tank.   Also My PAN is verified by TRACES.  Please check attached screenshot for your reference.

I hope you will resolve this issue quickly.

Thank
Hiren Tank
d06e9e55
Community Member

Yes, here I am facing the issue pan verification pending. Please help me

malli2604
Community Member

Hello Team,

I am also facing the same issue, updated the PAN number with sufficient details, but still its showing the message to update the PAN number....

Can you please check and let me know.

Regards,
N. Mallikharjun

Hi Mallikharjun,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already updated your PAN details on your Upwork account. Could you please share the screenshot of the error message requesting you to update PAN details?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Please find the error screenshot.

Regards,

N. Mallikharjun

Hi Mallikharajun,

This is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India. Some countries may use a national ID number. 

You may be able to find information about your country’s TIN here. If you have questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority.

Once you got the required information, you can review and update the information by going to your settings and select Tax information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
arzoo57
Community Member

Yes, I am also  facing same issue.

Hi Arzoo,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members