🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment method not verified still
Page options
wickedlnl
Community Member

Payment method not verified still

So I sent out a proposal 2 weeks ago and just now the client contatcts me and is talking details for hourly or fixed pay. The thing is, I still see her/his payment method says not verified and this specific project deals with a ton of photos that would be too big for a simple "submit your work 25mb". Its gonna have to go through google drive links because of its size. 

Now im just wondering, is there a polite way of talking about their payment method and not being verified yet? They seem new, no reviews yet and this is the only job posted. Once I submit those 2000+ photos to Gdrive, they could just walk away and never come back to UW.

Any advice?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nemanja,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Unverified billing method typically means one of the following: the client hasn’t added a billing method yet (they might be new to Upwork); the client’s billing method was not verified (or is in review) or; there’s an issue with the client’s existing billing method (for example, it has expired).

Please note, you cannot get paid until the client successfully verifies their billing method. You will need to discuss this with your client so that they can verify their billing method. It is up to you to decide if beginning work before then is worth the risk. Please note that if you have an hourly contract, you are not covered under Upwork Hourly Protection if the client doesn’t have a verified billing method. You can also check out this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nemanja,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Unverified billing method typically means one of the following: the client hasn’t added a billing method yet (they might be new to Upwork); the client’s billing method was not verified (or is in review) or; there’s an issue with the client’s existing billing method (for example, it has expired).

Please note, you cannot get paid until the client successfully verifies their billing method. You will need to discuss this with your client so that they can verify their billing method. It is up to you to decide if beginning work before then is worth the risk. Please note that if you have an hourly contract, you are not covered under Upwork Hourly Protection if the client doesn’t have a verified billing method. You can also check out this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members