🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Paypal use old email account
Page options
decruc
Community Member

Paypal use old email account

Hi!

I had two accounts and closed one of them right now.

These two accounts use two different emails, and I want to update my email in active account, to the email address which was used in the deleted account.

<previous>

Account A, Email A
Account B, Email B
<currently after closing account B>
Account A, Email A
<What I want to have>
Account A, Email B

Closing account B was successful because I cannot log in to account B now.

However, when I try to change my email in Contact Info with Account A, it says "This email is already in use" and I cannot use email B in my account. Changing email account is important because I get some payment in account A and my paypal email is connected to email B.

Are there any way to use email which was used in closed account?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rverang
Community Member

Yeah.

Regarding your Paypal issue, what you can do is add the email of your current upwork account to your existing Paypal account. Check out this link.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Charles,

Unfortunately you won`t be able to use your email from your Account B to your Account A.

You can add your Upwork email to your PayPal account, PayPal accounts allow multiple emails to be associated as long as the email is not yet used on another PayPal account. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

How come this man got his paypal email released? I just copy his concern.

How cohttps://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/How-to-delete-email-which-was-used-closed-account/...

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Charles,

Unfortunately Upwork does not release emails that have been associated with an Upwork account previously. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
rverang
Community Member

@Charles Robert D wrote:

I had two accounts and closed one of them right now. 

Just wondering, why did you setup 2 accounts?

decruc
Community Member

Thank you for asking Renante, 1st I have to clarify that I didnt create them at once or actively together.

When I was new I got overwhelmed and did these things.

1. Submit several jobs proposals, and then a friend of mine notice it and warned me that I might get ban if I continue doing so. ( That frighten me )  

2. Upwork Failed Test. I got discouraged with doing the test without prior review.

Again, I closed the 1st account before creating the 2nd one. 

rverang
Community Member

Yeah.

Regarding your Paypal issue, what you can do is add the email of your current upwork account to your existing Paypal account. Check out this link.

decruc
Community Member

Wow! I didnt know this is possible, Thank you for this Renante.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths