jenourno

Paypal

As I do every week, I withdrew funds from Upwork to Paypal. It's a standard, easy process and not one you can mess up. So that's why I'm confused about why my money is not showing up in PayPal. It has been removed from Upwork but I never received an email to say it had turned up in my PayPal wallet. It's not there, nor is it in my PayPal history. It's in my Upwork history, however, as being sent to PayPal.  
I've easily received other PayPal payments today so I don't think PayPal is the problem.

Has anyone else had any problems with money disappearing in this way? I'm quite stressed about it. I know it says wait 24 hours but it's a little odd that it can go from being instantly in the wallet, to waiting 24 hours for when it MIGHT arrive.

It's been about six hours so I'm a bit on edge. Any recommendations for what to do in the mean time? There's no point in contacting Upwork or PayPal yet, until the 24 hour period is up. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jenna,

Please note that the processing time for PayPal withdrawals is 24 hours after you've received the confirmation email that your withdrawal was processed on Upwork. Please let us know if the funds don't arrive after this time frame and we'll assist you further.

Untitled

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jenna,

Please note that the processing time for PayPal withdrawals is 24 hours after you've received the confirmation email that your withdrawal was processed on Upwork. Please let us know if the funds don't arrive after this time frame and we'll assist you further.

Untitled

Hi Vladimir,

Yes that's why I didn't contact Upwork or PayPal - I knew that. I just found it very odd that it didn't come through instantly when it always did. 

It has only just come through now.