🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Pdf typing to word scam ?
Page options
47856bf3
Community Member

Pdf typing to word scam ?

Hello everybody,

Yesterday i applied to a pdf to word retyping job posted here :**Edited for Community Guidelines**

However, when the client saw my proposal, he redirected be to some "project director" through a Telegram account.

This director said he's from Texas whereas the client from Upwork is from Indonesia. The director said i just have 2 days to retype 100 pages into word for $1200 after which we will proceed to the payement ?

The client from Upwork doesn't have reviews yet but at least he has his payment method and phone number verifed

Is it too good to be true ?

6 REPLIES 6
tgcodes
Community Member

I learnt this in the hard way, Do not have any conversation with a client outside upwork. even if they promise to invite me to their slack, skype, telegram or Discord I will decline 

47856bf3
Community Member

Hello , thanks for your answer !

So you think i need to stop the project right now and ghost the "director" (i haven't made the retyping yet) ?

What leaves me in doubt is the Indonesian client had his credentials approved so it might not be a scam

yofazza
Community Member

See here.

47856bf3
Community Member

I flagged the client as inappropriate, thanks for the tips !

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Benoit C wrote:

Is it too good to be true ?

Yes. Easy, well-paid jobs are all scams. Why are you applying for typing jobs anyway? They're for freelancers who have no other skills, and the legit ones are very poorly paid and nearly impossible to get due to all of the competition. You should only apply to jobs that require your particular skillset.

You also need to read the terms of service, because contacting a client outside of Upwork and agreeing to be paid outside of Upwork are not allowed.

47856bf3
Community Member

I'm a new freelancer and struggling to get jobs in my field (Power BI/Excel data analysis) so i had to take anything to start making money.

But indeed, there are ver few legit typing jobs now i will be much more wary.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members