🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Pending transaction
Page options
a6d9d3ed
Community Member

Pending transaction

Hello dear members, Client of $10 (with $4/h) showed me a screenshot that he had paid for the job.

Why I have this pending status.

Please make me understand this.

**Edited for community guidelines**

4 REPLIES 4
a6d9d3ed
Community Member

Upwork Desktop app takes forever to login to account.That is why I hate hourly jobs.

I have attached a screenshot of my pending 2 hourly jobs.

• I have logged the manual time
  • I completed the job then logged all the time at once
  • One client on sunday showed me his screenshot that he paid me ( But I don't see any notification or in payment history )

Please help me understand this.

a6d9d3ed
Community Member

Please give some of your presious time to clear this.

I got $5 work.

I did it and asked for payment.

He accepted the milestone.

I got paid.

I ended the contract.

Now please see the screenshot.It is showing it in pendings.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdullah,

When a client releases a milestone payment, it goes through a 5-day security period, and will show under the Pending tab of your Overview page (Reports > Overview). During the 5-day security period, it gives the system time to process and clear the payments. Please read this article for more information about Fixed-Price Protection.

Please check the Weekly Billing Cycle article for more information about the schedule to release hourly payments. It takes about 10 days for payments to be processed. The first week is when you log time on an hourly contract, which ends every Sunday. The client then has 5-days to review, and/or, dispute any the hours logged on the Work Diary. If there are no issues with the hours logged, the payment for the contract will then go to a 5-day security period before it becomes available on your account. Manual time is not covered by Hourly Payment Protection, you should be using the Desktop App to record the time spent working on hourly contracts.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

There's a security hold on all Upwork payments. It says right in your screenshot when your payments will be available (under the "date" column on the left). 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members