cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Per project hour count / rate on profile

Highlighted
Shiming H Member Since: Mar 2, 2013
1 of 31
I noticed that the hour count / rate per project on my freelancer profile page is removed. Only the total charge is displayed. Is this a feature or a bug? What's the point of removing the hour count and hourly rate? On top of that, I'm also noticing fixed price project total amounts are displayed in bold font. Does this mean fixed price projects are preferred over hourly ones? Is there any logic behind this change?
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
2 of 31
I noticed the same on my profile. Support doesn't know if it's a new feature or a bug and their technical team needs to look into it. I reaaaally hope it's a bug and not a new "feature".
Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
3 of 31
Looks like this is a new feature.
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Feb 20, 2009
4 of 31
This is a very stupid feature! Say I earn $10,000 total from a contract. If you are earning that $10,000 at $3 per hour then that is very different than earning the $10,000 at $50 per hour. Clients need to know the amount you earn per hour, and the number of hours per contract. For clients knowing these two stats is an important feature. There is a huge difference in skill level between $3 contractors and $50 dollar per hour contractors. Skill level is very easily determined by how much you earn per hour.
Community Guru
5 of 31
[quote=John Bampton]This is a very stupid feature! Say I earn $10,000 total from a contract. If you are earning that $10,000 at $3 per hour then that is very different than earning the $10,000 at $50 per hour. Clients need to know the amount you earn per hour, and the number of hours per contract. For clients knowing these two stats is an important feature. There is a huge difference in skill level between $3 contractors and $50 dollar per hour contractors. Skill level is very easily determined by how much you earn per hour.[/quote]
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
6 of 31
Same here with my profile...LOL.... Although I had always been against oDesk showing my earnings on oDesk and publicly (An invasion of privacy?), I did promote the hours vs. earnings information on hourly jobs as an indication of my advancement on oDesk (From my first $1 per hour to $38 per hour). So did I earn $11,943.50 from Oct 2012 to Apr 2013 at $1 per hour, $38 per hour, or somewhere in between. If you work for $1 per hour that's what perspective new clients will expect to pay. This change is going to benefit low paid freelancers with thousands of hours over more qualified higher paid freelancers. Yep, this most recent observation does appear to be the result of an intended change made by oDesk. Funny that oDesk support doesn't even know if it's a new feature or a bug...lol.... At least the oDesk forums are still a good source of "comic relief"! Chime in, and give it a 10!
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
7 of 31
Probably another beta thing...I can see all your rates per hour for past projects btw so I'm going with beta feature. Oct 2012 - Apr 2013 358 hours @ $33.33/hr Earned $11,943.50 seeeeeeeee Smiley Happy I feel sorry for support, they seem to be always the last to know when there's a new feature or a bug.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
8 of 31
Thank you for the feedback!
Community Guru
9 of 31
[quote=Dianne M.]I can see all your rates per hour for past projects btw so I'm going with beta feature. Oct 2012 - Apr 2013 358 hours @ $33.33/hr Earned $11,943.50 seeeeeeeee Smiley Happy[/quote] Please remove me from the beta, let me change places with Dianne.
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
10 of 31
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I'm already an unwilling part of too many freaky beta features, let me enjoy seeing the rates at least Smiley Tongue

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS