Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal portfolio link to Upwork

Stefan T Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
1 of 11

Hello there, 

I was wondering is it good idea to have a personal portfolio page, that

you can make better portfolio with more text, multimedia and so on. 

And in the section let say about me to have buttom with link to you are Upwork profile. 

Is this good idea and is this interference with upwork rules?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 11

Hi Stefan,

You can share the link to your Upwork profile in your social media accounts, blog, website, online portfolio etc. What users aren't allowed is to include links in their profile which contain their direct contact information.

3 of 11

Thank you Vladimir.

4 of 11

What about testimonials that are earned through Upwork, can you use them to show on you are portfolio website that is linked back to Upwork. For example, if you put them in you are About me page. 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 11

Hi Stefan,

Yes, you can copy the feedback your clients left but are not allowed to use your clients' name or other identifiable information without their consent.

Jason C Member Since: Apr 20, 2018
6 of 11

ok, so my understanding is I can not link my website or even post it in a bid due to it haveing my contact information out side of upwork ? So i will need to make an online portfolio to show case work that I have done outside of upwork, and make sure I dont have contact information on it untill I have done enough work here to fill up my profiles portfolio ?

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
7 of 11

@jason C wrote:

ok, so my understanding is I can not link my website or even post it in a bid due to it haveing my contact information out side of upwork ? So i will need to make an online portfolio to show case work that I have done outside of upwork, and make sure I dont have contact information on it untill I have done enough work here to fill up my profiles portfolio ?

You can send a link to your website in a proposal. You just can't have a link that includes your direct contact information on your profile.

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
8 of 11

@Jess C wrote:

@jason C wrote:

You can send a link to your website in a proposal. You just can't have a link that includes your direct contact information on your profile.

Reading the new Terms of Use, however, it seems that this may have changed. See the Announcement thread here.

Ahmed H Member Since: Jul 22, 2017
9 of 11
Hi, i am new on upwork i have no feedback or portfolio but i have done some work for my local clients can i add that work in my upwork profile portfolio ?
Olasunkanmi A Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
10 of 11

I am not getting this right.
On my UpWork profile, there is a portion named "Portfolio", which allows me to post links to my works outside of UpWork.
Is it prohibited to post links like **Edited for Community Guidelines** or **Edited for Community Guidelines** if one has previous works there?

Note: I've seen profiles with YouTube link, meanwhile, YouTube will definitely contain the Freelancer's contacts in one way or the other, just like the **Edited for Community Guidelines**.
Please clarify this. Thank you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS