As most know I'm a resume writer. Today we hit a new low in Job Recommendations and in Job Invitations
Today I got a message stating:
This job was posted less than five minutes ago, and we think it’s a good match for you.
3D models in OBJ or 3Dmax posted in the Category of 3D Modeling &CAD.
PLEASE - PLEASE - PLEASE - FIX YOUR SYSTEM !!!
I thought as a Plus Member (as in I pay extra over and above the 10% you already get) I was going to get appropriate invitations, would be listed as a suggested Freelancer in my Category of Resume & Cover Letter Writing
Why do I constantly receive inappropriate invitations to jobs I am in no way qualified to do???
Maybe you could create a 3D OBJ resume using 3DMax.
Instead of reading a person's resume as a PDF file or Word document, the potential employer could watch as 3D letters scroll with a gradual rotation/tilt pattern, while floating above a 3D model of Seattle.
I think no one missed the point they are just critising the system.These types of jobs are for me but some times I see jobs from your catagory even I did not check that catagory but it do show in my job feed.
I have taken note of your threads about this as well as other members of the Community. I apologize for the non-relevant invites you have been receiving.I appreciate your feedback and you are being heard. This is something that we have sent to the team and are working on improving.
I received a private job invite today that is worth noting because:
1) It totally relates to the services I provide
2) It was sent by a Silver tier client with good feedback
3) It was a decent, but not steller job description
On the other hand:
1) The client has other, similiar open jobs
2) The client sent a canned invite (no big, but it's always nice to see "I saw your profile and...").
3) The client sent out a lot of private invites (which in itself is not a huge deal, but they invited people from MANY countries).
4) The client is in Europe, and the job in question would require a fair amount of communication
Needless to say, it's nice to see an examply of the system "working as intended".
Having said this, I look forward to the day when:
1) Legit clients find the Freelancer Search function much improved
2) New clients are trained to invite as carefully as we are told to bid carefully
3) Scammy clients are a memory
Learn more about our awesome Community member Lisa!Learn More
Virtual Talent Bench enables you to easily discover and connect with talent. Learn more about building custom lists of talent, adding tags, notes, and more to move your business forward.Learn More
Loom addition in messages provides more ways to easily communicate and share information on Upwork!Learn More
Beginning Your Freelancing Journey on UpworkLearn More