🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Please Help
Page options
4fddc555
Community Member

Please Help

Please guide me on how to deal with an issue.

• I have a contract according to which I am supposed to create a Quiz.
  • The client will check plagiarism and quality and if approved I will update it to their system.
  • A reviewer will review the quiz and if the reviewer object to any question I may have a meeting with the reviewer or I may correct the objected question without a meeting.

Now the problem is that;

• The client kept asking about useless changes again and again and after that allowed me to update the quiz to the system.
  • Now again she is asking me to make useless changes.

(After approving certain questions ask me to change them again and again).

I kept following her instruction because as a new freelancer I was worried about my reviews. If she goes into a dispute there is no way she can win. My payments are cleared too. I was very flexible with that client.

I am worried about her review of my profile.

Please guide!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Do NOT put up with such nonsense.

Be polite and professional no matter what.

But don't tolerate abuse of fixed-price contracts.

If a client starts asking for changes like that, then tell them they are asking for out-do-scope work. Tell them that they may close the current contract, releasing all escrow money, and then create a new hourly contract. Once the hourly contract is set up, you can use it to continue working for them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
roberty1y
Community Member

You need to tell her you can't go on making changes forever. In future, you should specify the maximum number of revisions you will do in any contract.

Also, it's often best to tell a client straight out that your idea is better than theirs, politely explaining why. A lot of clients respond positively to that. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Do NOT put up with such nonsense.

Be polite and professional no matter what.

But don't tolerate abuse of fixed-price contracts.

If a client starts asking for changes like that, then tell them they are asking for out-do-scope work. Tell them that they may close the current contract, releasing all escrow money, and then create a new hourly contract. Once the hourly contract is set up, you can use it to continue working for them.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths