🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Possible scam
Page options
gravina_vanessa
Community Member

Possible scam

Hello,

I am new and I received an email from Upload  with a message of I client I proposed to (enclosed you can see the screenshot), but there is a problem, the proposal is approved but I can't find any message there and I only have to options: "Change" the proposal or "Withdraw".

Could it be a scam? I am suspicius because he tells me to contact him outside Upwork, but the email seems to be legit, I have no idea.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Communicating outside Upwork before having a contract on Upwork (in your Job tab) is a violation of the Terms of Service and can get your account suspended.

As a new freelancer, you will be targeted by scammers because many new freelancers do not take the time to read the rules before sending proposals. This information is available to everyone. Please take a moment to read the ressources in the Academy tab at the top of this page.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
spectralua
Community Member

It is a scam.

You have no proposal, just a chat.

Email is genuine: it say "someone sent this text (where scammer asked you to broke rules.) via upwork".

gravina_vanessa
Community Member

I think I received another one, but now I have messages in the proposal, it is "Active" too and they sent me a file telling me to contact them on Telegram.

What is the right procedure once I see an Active proposal? Do I need to do something? Or what they should do next if is not a scam? Sorry but since I am new I have a lot of doubs, sorry.

Thank you for your help 🙂

Communicating outside Upwork before having a contract on Upwork (in your Job tab) is a violation of the Terms of Service and can get your account suspended.

As a new freelancer, you will be targeted by scammers because many new freelancers do not take the time to read the rules before sending proposals. This information is available to everyone. Please take a moment to read the ressources in the Academy tab at the top of this page.

57f5490f
Community Member

It's important to exercise caution when encountering such situations. If you're unsure about the legitimacy of the email or proposal, consider reaching out to Upwork's support directly for clarification. Avoid contacting the client outside of Upwork until you're confident it's safe

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members