Sohel H Community Member

Pre-packaged project

ease tell me about of Pre-packaged project deatils 

thanks 

sohel

6 REPLIES 6
Bojan S Community Manager

Thank you for this question, Sohel.

We developed this feature in response to feedback from our community. Clients wanted an easier way to review pre-defined projects and freelancers told us they wanted to see more projects that fit within their rate expectations. This feature will allow clients to have a better understanding of the deliverables, time needed, and cost of projects.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Pandora H Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

Thank you for this question, Sohel.

We developed this feature in response to feedback from our community. Clients wanted an easier way to review pre-defined projects and freelancers told us they wanted to see more projects that fit within their rate expectations. This feature will allow clients to have a better understanding of the deliverables, time needed, and cost of projects.

Bojan,

Are there plans to make this shiny new are more visible? It's currently showing at the very bottom of my profile after the Profile Update, which is pretty pointless. Am guessing it's at the bottom of an awful lot of Profiles. I personally hate this update. I was about to launch a whole new profile with new services, using this new tool. Now I have to scrap all those plans and create new content. 

Would like to point out that it's entirely possible this new section was not a thing when you were gathering feedback about the new Profile Update last year.

Avery O Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your input about this, Pandora.

I'm sorry if the new profile update is not a welcome change for you. I can see that you do value the Pre-packaged Project feature, and I wanted to understand how you think moving this up in on your profile has greater impact versus this section being at the bottom. Please don't get me wrong. I would like to be able to relay this concern with the team so that they can consider it. 

I hope to hear from you! Smiley Happy

~ Avery

Avery O wrote:

Thank you for sharing your input about this, Pandora.

I'm sorry if the new profile update is not a welcome change for you. I can see that you do value the Pre-packaged Project feature, and I wanted to understand how you think moving this up in on your profile has greater impact versus this section being at the bottom. Please don't get me wrong. I would like to be able to relay this concern with the team so that they can consider it. 

I hope to hear from you! Smiley Happy

Mega value, but I may be alone in this. For years, possibly an entire decade, I've been hourly. Several years ago, I changed my focus from one niche to another. I had plans to do that yet again with the Pre-Packaged Project feature, along with a brand new set of  Portfolio items related to this new niche I intend to sell. Which is based on fixed price, not hourly. I have already created a large amount of this content which is now pretty pointless unless I use less-than-professional tactics to get clients to scroll, and scroll, and scroll.

For years I've wanted to sell a product, rather than a service, and the Pre-Packaged Project section is exactly what many of us need to do that. Yes, it's probably taking a lot of us some time to take full advantage of such an section, but to do it right you gotta know what your selling. I've been bummed we could not do this kind of "store listing" until the Pre-Packaged Project feature came along. I was soo happy it finally did. 

Also, I want to mention other Upwork members who have voiced their displeasure at the fact only creatives have the opportunity to show their Portfolio at the top. Many of us, regardless of what category, have used the Portfolio section to show what we can do. For those of us in non-creative categories this can be especially difficult, so it's a real slap in the face, as well as a general negative, that the content we have so carefully created is now at the bottom of the page, appearing to a perspective client as if it's an afterthought that has no bearing. 

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Pandora, 

I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts about this feature, Pandora. I understand how the Pre-packaged Projects and the portfolio section can be valuable for some freelancers. I have shared this thread and highlighted your feedback to the team so that they can be considered in future releases. 

Please also know that the team is monitoring the announcement thread where a lot of freelancers have expressed their disappointment with the new profile look. 

Thank you Pandora!

~ Avery

Avery O wrote:

I have shared this thread and highlighted your feedback to the team so that they can be considered in future releases. 

Thanks Avery!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members