cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with private job post: I was invited and hired, but I can't access the job post

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 20

Hi Odenir,

I have checked and I don't see an open request you submitted about this issue. Have you submitted it recently? 

In the future our engineers plan to improve the system so the client is unable to send the freelacer an offer to a job they don't have access to. Meanwhile, you can ask your client to re-send the offer and make sure they link it to the job posting you  were originally invited to apply or a public job posting.

~ Valeria
Upwork
odenirexport
Odenir F Member Since: Nov 7, 2015
12 of 20

Hi Valeria,

I submitted the request on 14th November. I received this email (I will send to you the number and the link below by private message):

-------------------------

Hi Odenir,

We're writing to let you know that your Upwork Support request (#NUMBER) has been received and is being reviewed by our Support staff. We'll be back in touch soon.

To review the status of the request and add additional comments, please follow this link: (LINK).

Happy working,

The Upwork Team

-----------------------------

Then I received another email saying that this matter has been escalated to the Engineering Team for review.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 20

Hi Odenir,

Thank you for the ticket number. I found it and am following up with the team about it. Also, you should be able to access it from the Help Center now. Let me know if that still doesn't work.

~ Valeria
Upwork
odenirexport
14 of 20

Thank you Valeria.

The Upwork Support request number is working now.

odenirexport
15 of 20

Hi,

The IT team can make a link for me to access that job post?

I guess that the repair will work for future contracts, and maybe I will continue unable to access that job post.

If I can not access the post until tomorrow, I probably will not be able to deliver the work on time.

Best regards.

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
16 of 20

I am having the same problem. A client from the past contacted me and asked me to do a job. I agreed, so he sent me a direct offer after some discussions. Now I have a contract, a payment made, (though we agreed to keep the original funded payment as is and just work on bonuses as work is submitted).

The problem is however I look or search, I cannot actually find the JOB post only the contract- it's as if the job doesn't exist. So is this the same problem??

odenirexport
17 of 20

Hi Stephen,

I am not sure if it's the same problem. Seems to be the same problem, the only difference is that I can find the link to the job post. Then I see the message: "This job is private: Only freelancers this client has invited can access this job post".

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
18 of 20

Hmm..I just get no link to the job post. Thanks Odenir - I  think I'll raise a ticket later.

zaidimariam
Ace Contributor
Mariam Fatima Z Member Since: Feb 24, 2015
19 of 20

I also received a direct job offer from a new client. At first I declined it citing 'spam offer' as the reason but then he contacted me again and assured me he has been hiring people on Upwork and Elance for two years and sent me the offer again, which I accepted this time. I decided to take the risk without knowing his history and it is going great so far.

However, I'm still not wholly comfortable as there is no way to access the job post and I have no idea how he ends his contracts.

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
20 of 20

Some interesting insights on the last couple of pages of this post..., where I've now moved my own comments.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS