🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Problems with refund - negative pendings afte...
Page options
cameirana_yuri
Community Member

Problems with refund - negative pendings after a refund

A client did a couple of extra payment misunderstanding how hourly payments work.

He asked for a couple of refunds and I refunded him, but now my pendings are negative. I checked the transaction history and seems like I refunded a payment I never received.

Isn't the refund available only on existing transactions?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Yuri,

Once the refund has been submitted, Upwork creates a credit on your client's account and a debit on your account for the balance of the refund. The credit becomes available on the client's account right away. You were able to refund an invoice that's still in the Review stage of the billing cycle. Once it moves into Pending, it'll clear the negative balance showing in your reports. You can check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ArjayM

Hi Yuri,

Once the refund has been submitted, Upwork creates a credit on your client's account and a debit on your account for the balance of the refund. The credit becomes available on the client's account right away. You were able to refund an invoice that's still in the Review stage of the billing cycle. Once it moves into Pending, it'll clear the negative balance showing in your reports. You can check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cameirana_yuri
Community Member

thank you so much for the help!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members