🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Profile Optimization Vs proposals
Page options
Bilal H Community Member

Profile Optimization Vs proposals

Greetings!

I have a question regarding Upwork profile optimization versus sending proposals. I'd like to know whether sending proposals should take precedence over profile optimization.

8 REPLIES 8
Faraz A Community Member

Nice question Bilal:

Profile is a constant thing related to you. Whereas the proposals are required for getting jobs. More proposal more chances to wins the job.

Elisa B Community Member

The other way around - profile optimisation comes before sending proposals. You could write the most compelling proposal in the word, but if you do not have a strong profile, you will not be hired.

Faraz A Community Member

Dear Elisa:

You are right, but I think there are some typo errors.

Elisa B Community Member

?

Faraz A Community Member

Sorry for that "optimisation".

Elisa B Community Member

First you write "More proposal more chances to wins the job", and then you want to lecture me about a presumed typo?

By the way - "optimisation" is the spelling of the term in British English. 

Faraz A Community Member

Dear Bilal:

These two are separate things, you can optimize your profile once, where as proposals are more frequent which is varied on every job search. So you should optimize less on profile but you concentrate more on proposals.

Jeanne H Community Member

You need to work on your profile before you send a proposal. Your profile is much, much too long and needs to tell the client what you can do in the first line.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members