๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Freelancers ยป Project Catalog
Page options
Md. Raju A Community Member

Project Catalog

Hello everyone, I have question to you. Client purchased my project catalog, After get the requirement I started work. Client was happy to my work, He asked for revision and I gave him couple of revisions. Then client asked for the final file, After provide the final work then client showing some lame excuse that he don't want to pay me.

Is there any solution? How can I get paid from a project catalog?

Thanks, Raju

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Md. Raju,

Project Catalog is where you let clients come to you. When you create a project, it displays as a listing that clients can open to learn more. Clients find you by searching for the skills and services you offer.

When you create a project we will first review it before making it visible to clients. Our review includes making sure your project is complete, looks professional, and doesnโ€™t violate our Terms of Service. Please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed.

Thank you,

NOTICE:

We are currently receiving more projects for review than usual. Please allow us longer than usual to review your project.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Nikola

View solution in original post

999 REPLIES 999
Ahsan I Community Member

Select the right skills and make cover page more attractive and clear, your project will be approved soon.

Odunayo O Community Member

Please how long does it take upwork to review my catalog project . 

Melissa R Community Member

• Hi Nikola
  • I'm in the same situation zs many others here. Project submitted February 10  2023 and still pending after 12 days. 
  • My first project took 10 days to approve. However that was only after I contacted support about the delay. Is that what I need to do once again ? Thank you in advance, Melissa 
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like your projects are approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Melissa R Community Member

Thank you, Nikola! Within a couple of hours after posting my message here on the forum my project was approved. I appreciate your help. Best regards,

Kulsoom A Community Member

Hii, its been more than 20 days since my project dashboard is under review. 

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Kulsoom,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we sincerely apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. We are currently receiving more projects for review than usual. However, I've submitted a follow-up directly to the team handling your Project review and please expect an update with the status momentarily. 

We truly appreciate your continued patience and utmost understanding.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Rebecca R Community Member

Can a project we submit/ create last longer than 70 days?  If you answer no, what can be a workaround? 

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you're referring to the process when reviewing your submitted Project, we will look at it before clients can purchase it. We want to help make sure that your project displays professionalism, and is free of grammar issues, typos, etc. We'll also review to ensure that the project meets Upwork's Terms of Service. This not only helps build trust with prospective clients, but helps keep Upwork a professional platform. 

Our review normally takes about 5 business days. However, We are currently receiving more projects for review than usual. Please allow us longer than usual to review your project.

Weโ€™ll let you know in an email if we think anything should be changed. Editing is a normal part of the creative process, so donโ€™t be discouraged if we ask you to make some changes.

Once your project is live, we'll have it visible for clients to purchase. Then you'll have full control and you can always make changes or updates. When you do, we may review it again. Please check this help article to learn more.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Sumera B Community Member

how to rank my project catalog and increase the income more Client purchased my project catalog upwork 

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Sumera,

Various factors go into search results, and results may differ over time, partly to allow more freelancers and their projects a chance to be discovered. Some considerations may include Freelancer skills, experience, platform ratings, and other elements geared toward determining a potential match for the clientโ€™s job.
Our search is based on several factors that continue to evolve. We cannot disclose exactly what makes up the rules for a search order, and those rules are likely to change, so any specific advice we could give you would be short-lived. Search is no longer mainly static, meaning it always stays the same. Depending on marketplace activity across jobs and contractors, a contractor's search position will likely ebb and flow.

Some sound principles to remember for ranking well in search are as follows:
  • Do good work for clients and establish good long-term relationships on Upwork.
  • Only apply to jobs to which you are qualified.
  • Be accurate in showcasing your abilities & skills on your contractor profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
Tabish K Community Member

My Project Is Under Review For About One Month ๐Ÿ˜ž .EveryThing Upwork Says I FullFilled .

Faheem K Community Member

What if it takes even longer than 10 days ?
I submitted one project on 5th March and it is still under review.
If it gets rejected, would I get a notification with a reason ?
Thanks

Luiggi R Moderator

Hello Faheem,

I'm afraid that our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow our team more time to review your projects. Should we need more information about your submission, our team will send you an email with details on how you can edit the project for approval. Feel free to check out this page to learn more about Project Catalog.

~ Luiggi
Arjun S Community Member

Is there any separate hiring procedure through the project catalog or it's the same way as done for proposals and invites? 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Arjun,

Project Catalog is just another option to market your skills on Upwork. Clients have told us at times they would prefer to purchase pre-built projects rather than search for a freelancer, invite, interview, etc. This additional option simply gives freelancers a new way to sell their skills and clients a new way to get help with their projects. In general, the idea is that freelancers pre-define everything upfront and interested clients can buy it, cutting down on the back and forth that often needs to occur before a project begins. To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Fahad A Community Member

great answer nikola

Hamza Z Community Member

i just created project catalog on Mar 26, 2023. it is still pending for approval. CAn you Please Check it. Thank You.

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Hamza, 

As Nikola noted, we are receiving an unusually high number of projects to review, which are evaluated according to the order they were received. Once the team gets to your project in the queue, they will review it accordingly and reach out if more information is needed. 

~ Avery
Ajit C Community Member

Dispute option will not show, since the client has never purchsed the Catalog. Only Report & block can be done for this case.

Jim A Community Member

I recently created my first project catalog and I was wondering if there is anyway to view any metrics about my project? In particualr I would love to know if my project is even being viewed by persepctive clients, if yes, how frequently (daily/weekly/monthly) or do I need to pivot to a different project because the current project is not taking off like I hoped?

Martin C Community Member

I haven't found anything like that. Doesn't sound like a bad idea, though.

Jim A Community Member

@martin - do you know if there is a way to submit ideas like this to Upwork? Honestly I would love to provide additional feedback to Upwork regarding project catalogs and my experience and where I think Upwork can improve the project catalog program.  

Petra R Community Member

Jim A wrote:

@martin - do you know if there is a way to submit ideas like this to Upwork? 

By posting here you have already done so, that is one of the things the forum is there for.

Jim A Community Member

Awesome! Thank you @petra

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members