flowriver101

Proposal Overview

Hello,

I want your help to write my great proposal.

Can I share my past work url on proposal?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "I want your help to write my great proposal. Can I share my past work url on proposal?"

Jonathan:

Just a general thought, here:

While you CAN share your past work... I would caution you that a "great proposal" should NOT be about you.

Your "past work" is (by definition) about YOU.

If you're sending a proposal to apply to a job I posted, then a great proposal is about ME. The client.

A great proposal talks about these three main topics:

- me

- my project

- how you are going to make my life better by helping me with my project

I use Upwork mostly as a freelancer. When I send proposals, that is what I talk about: The client.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter

re: "Can I share my past work url on proposal?"

To answer your question:

The answer is: yes.

Upwork essentially places no restrictions on what you can share in your proposals.

You may include URLs which link to your past work. You may include contact information. You may include samples.

(Speaking personally, as somebody who frequently uses Upwork as a client, I prefer to see a freelancer's work demonstated in their portfolio on their Upwork profile page.)

re: "I want your help to write my great proposal. Can I share my past work url on proposal?"

Jonathan:

Just a general thought, here:

While you CAN share your past work... I would caution you that a "great proposal" should NOT be about you.

Your "past work" is (by definition) about YOU.

If you're sending a proposal to apply to a job I posted, then a great proposal is about ME. The client.

A great proposal talks about these three main topics:

- me

- my project

- how you are going to make my life better by helping me with my project

I use Upwork mostly as a freelancer. When I send proposals, that is what I talk about: The client.