🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Proposal issue
Page options
69fbd932
Community Member

Proposal issue

I am consistently online, submitting proposals; however, they are not being viewed, and I haven't received any client messages. Despite receiving project invitations, I am yet to obtain the Rising Talent badge, even though my profile is complete. Please assist me with my situation.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Ghazia,

I understand it can be a bit challenging getting noticed and hired by Clients, especially with such a large pool of talented Freelancers to compete with. However, with proper marketing, consistency, and diligence we are confident that Upwork can be an invaluable resource for you.

Upon checking your account, I see that your account profile is set to "Public" where it is visible to the entire Internet including clients, freelancers, and visitors and to search engines such as Google and Bing.  There is no restriction that prevents clients from seeing your profile or hiring you.

Always remember that clients have the sole discretion as to whom they will invite, interview, and hire. They also consider a lot of options such as related skills of the freelancers that will match their projects, budget, freelancers' experience, etc.

I would encourage you to keep submitting proposals to job openings where you know you can do your best and impress your clients. In your cover letter, show the client you’re the right person to hire; It’s not enough to know you can do the job. The client needs to see why and how you’re not only a good fit, but the best fit. Once you get invited for an interview, be sure to show your experience, demonstrate your skills, and make the choice easy for them. Having confidence in yourself and what you can do for the client will help you stand out from other freelancers.

Please also know that the Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed on this help article. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
759e32fa

Hi Ghazia,

I understand it can be a bit challenging getting noticed and hired by Clients, especially with such a large pool of talented Freelancers to compete with. However, with proper marketing, consistency, and diligence we are confident that Upwork can be an invaluable resource for you.

Upon checking your account, I see that your account profile is set to "Public" where it is visible to the entire Internet including clients, freelancers, and visitors and to search engines such as Google and Bing.  There is no restriction that prevents clients from seeing your profile or hiring you.

Always remember that clients have the sole discretion as to whom they will invite, interview, and hire. They also consider a lot of options such as related skills of the freelancers that will match their projects, budget, freelancers' experience, etc.

I would encourage you to keep submitting proposals to job openings where you know you can do your best and impress your clients. In your cover letter, show the client you’re the right person to hire; It’s not enough to know you can do the job. The client needs to see why and how you’re not only a good fit, but the best fit. Once you get invited for an interview, be sure to show your experience, demonstrate your skills, and make the choice easy for them. Having confidence in yourself and what you can do for the client will help you stand out from other freelancers.

Please also know that the Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed on this help article. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members