ekolis

Questions about thumbs-downing and reporting a job

• How do I report a job for illegal/unethical activity? For instance, cracking into proprietary software?
  • When I thumbs-down a job for "not matching my skills", what happens if I learn new skills? How do I get those sorts of jobs back if I've thumbs-downed a lot of them?
  • What does it mean to thumbs-down a job for "too low budget"? Does this mean "I want to work on bigger projects" or "The client wants an enterprise web app for $5, that's ridiculous"? I've been marking the latter as "unrealistic expectations", but I want to know if the former is appropriate for "too low budget".
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Edward K wrote:
  • How do I report a job for illegal/unethical activity? For instance, cracking into proprietary software?
  • When I thumbs-down a job for "not matching my skills", what happens if I learn new skills? How do I get those sorts of jobs back if I've thumbs-downed a lot of them?
  • What does it mean to thumbs-down a job for "too low budget"? Does this mean "I want to work on bigger projects" or "The client wants an enterprise web app for $5, that's ridiculous"? I've been marking the latter as "unrealistic expectations", but I want to know if the former is appropriate for "too low budget".

Hi Edward,

1. Please take a screenshot of the client's request if it was posted in direct communication and submit a support request.

2. Marking a job as not matching your skill is just one of the factors that affect the type of jobs displayed there. If you update your profile, job feed settings and start bidding on jobs that require the new skill you mastered, those jobs will be included in your job feed.

3. It means both, since your feedback is used to both fine-tune your job feed and provide information about the job post. You can keep selecting this reason when using the thumbs-down button on similar jobs. 

Untitled

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Edward K wrote:

Hi Edward,

1. Please take a screenshot of the client's request if it was posted in direct communication and submit a support request.

2. Marking a job as not matching your skill is just one of the factors that affect the type of jobs displayed there. If you update your profile, job feed settings and start bidding on jobs that require the new skill you mastered, those jobs will be included in your job feed.

3. It means both, since your feedback is used to both fine-tune your job feed and provide information about the job post. You can keep selecting this reason when using the thumbs-down button on similar jobs. 

Untitled

OK, thanks!

Why is it necessary to submit a support request for this particular issue? Have people been abusing the "report" functionality in the past? And I was speaking of the job description itself, not private communications.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Edward,

In that case you can flag the job post as inappropriate and our team will review it.

Untitled