Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
11 of 31
So much patience Pandora! I love people like you Smiley Happy
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
12 of 31

I second that.

Also

Where is the option to edit/modify my proposal once it’s been sent? - There is no option for this. This function does not exist on Upwork.

You can always withdraw your application, make the correction, then re-apply.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
13 of 31

@Setu M wrote:

I second that.

Also

Where is the option to edit/modify my proposal once it’s been sent? - There is no option for this. This function does not exist on Upwork.

You can always withdraw your application, make the correction, then re-apply.

Setu, can you confirm that. I tried that a couple of times in the distant past of Odesk, and found that after I withdrew, I coulld not re-apply.

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
14 of 31

"You can always withdraw your application, make the correction, then re-apply."

Even if that were possible, which it isn't, it would cost extra connects. Upwork is far more technologically advanced than Elance, so I'm sure they could easily add an edit function.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
15 of 31

@fergus M wrote:

"You can always withdraw your application, make the correction, then re-apply."

Even if that were possible, which it isn't, 

It is possible. I've used this method a number of times.

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
16 of 31

" It is possible. I've used this method a number of times."

Pretty clunky though. Why not just add an edit button? Even my personal blog lets you edit comments, so I'm sure it's not beyond a site as technologically advanced as this one. 

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Ace Contributor
Cristina P Member Since: Apr 19, 2015
17 of 31

How is that efficient? Say, if I have 10 job descriptions which are missing info and would like to edit my proposal after sending my first proposal, do you suggest withdrawing and resending it and blow 40 connects? Not gonna happen

Community Guru
18 of 31

@Cristina P wrote:

How is that efficient? Say, if I have 10 job descriptions which are missing info and would like to edit my proposal after sending my first proposal, do you suggest withdrawing and resending it and blow 40 connects? Not gonna happen

If you ever happened to be in that position, then you probably should just withdraw the application.

@  Pandora

I can confirm that it an be done. I know that there seems to be a window which closes, but I am not sure when. Perhaps one the client starts interacting?

Community Guru
19 of 31

@fergus M wrote:

Why not just add an edit button? Even my personal blog lets you edit comments, so I'm sure it's not beyond a site as technologically advanced as this one. 

I am pretty sure its a deliberate decision not to add that edit button, rather than technology.

Ace Contributor
Geoff F Member Since: Aug 20, 2015
20 of 31

@Setu M wrote:

@fergus M wrote:

Why not just add an edit button? Even my personal blog lets you edit comments, so I'm sure it's not beyond a site as technologically advanced as this one. 

I am pretty sure its a deliberate decision not to add that edit button, rather than technology.

If that was a deliberate descision, it pretty much sums up the "superior" thought processes behind the entire site.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS