🐈 Community
sunworld67

Rating Suddenly Shot Up?

Just out of curiousity, I was wondering if anyone could explain why my rating has gone from 89% to 94% literally overnight, despite having no new jobs in recent weeks, and only having one long-term job where I am paid weekly?

I have long been disgruntled about the new rating system, as I felt that having a 4.98 score over 69 jobs should have earned me more than 89%, so I am pleased at this new discovery (if not somewhat baffled).

Any explanation available?

5 REPLIES 5
amlord

It could be that a position you had in the past just became old enough that it fell out of the calculation, and maybe something about that position, (public or private feedback, length of job, etc), was dragging your score down. 

Thanks, Angela!

That must have been some baaad private feedback! 🙂

How long do jobs stay within the rating calculation?

Per Upwork: Your Job Success Score is updated every two weeks, and it’s important to note that any movement in this score (either up or down) reflects both recent activity and activity over a longer period of time. We look at trends over a 24-month period, meaning you won’t see work from beyond this time-frame in your Job Success Score.

You can read more here: https://support.upwork.com/entries/23103173

Thanks! I have been here less than two years, so nothing should have dropped off yet!

Anyway, just pleased it is now at a more reasonable rating! 🙂

Hopefully this is one of the mysteries that will be revealed when Garnor provides the added information. But it has to do with the jobs being calculated since all your jobs would fit in the 24-month window.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----