🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Really Upwork?
Page options
the3dguru
Community Member

Really Upwork?

So I've just got a mail from Upwork sending me to Upwork 101 and telling me that I have to bid to win. I've been using Upwork since it was Elance and I'm heading for 100k earnings. Does Upwork think I suddenly forgot how to use the site?

Actually, I can guess what this is about. I saved a job but didn't apply for it. Upwork wants me to apply for it despite having ongoing work. I shall have to remember not to save jobs in future.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think that was his point--that indiscriminate automated messages make the experience worse for seasoned freelancers who are high earners, and it might benefit Upwork to spend 4 minutes or so planning these "features."

This is just one example. I've largely stopped posting jobs on Upwork as a client in part because of the constant bombardament of great freelancer options that appear to be chosen at random from a pile of people in different fields who were tossed into a blender.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
williamtcooper
Community Member

I have 850k in earnings and get these types of messages - they are automated. Thanks!

I think that was his point--that indiscriminate automated messages make the experience worse for seasoned freelancers who are high earners, and it might benefit Upwork to spend 4 minutes or so planning these "features."

This is just one example. I've largely stopped posting jobs on Upwork as a client in part because of the constant bombardament of great freelancer options that appear to be chosen at random from a pile of people in different fields who were tossed into a blender.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members