🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Recieving Feedback on Previous Ended Direct C...
Page options
cyndersoft
Community Member

Recieving Feedback on Previous Ended Direct Contracts - Possible?

Hello. I am writing in the hope for an answer to a question I have regarding Feedback on Upwork.

I have a few Direct Contracts that have now been completed in which I never received feedback.

These contracts were gathered externally from Upwork but I chose to direct them to hire me through this site despite the % lost through commission because I wanted to receive the Feedback in order to build my portfolio on here. 
I have read elsewhere that I cannot get Feedback on Direct Contract Proposals sent by me to a clients email address via email. 

1. Can a client leave feedback via Direct Contract

2. Can a client leave feedback post the completion of contract?

If yes to any of these any explanations to how please?

Thanks very much for your help.

Ash Cox

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlbp
Community Member

Ashley C wrote:

Hello. I am writing in the hope for an answer to a question I have regarding Feedback on Upwork.

I have a few Direct Contracts that have now been completed in which I never received feedback.

These contracts were gathered externally from Upwork but I chose to direct them to hire me through this site despite the % lost through commission because I wanted to receive the Feedback in order to build my portfolio on here. 
I have read elsewhere that I cannot get Feedback on Direct Contract Proposals sent by me to a clients email address via email. 

Ash Cox

OP, I think you have misconstrued many things about how Direct Contracts work.
You don't pay a commission on Direct Contracts. You only pay a transaction fee--just like you would with any other payment processor. 

Here's an Upwork article that describes the details. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Ashley C wrote:

1. No

2. No

Only regular contracts from Upwork clients allow clients to leave feedback.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Direct contracts are only a payment method, they do nothing for your profile.

tlbp
Community Member

Ashley C wrote:

Ash Cox

OP, I think you have misconstrued many things about how Direct Contracts work.
You don't pay a commission on Direct Contracts. You only pay a transaction fee--just like you would with any other payment processor. 

Here's an Upwork article that describes the details. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members