🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Red exclamations.
Page options
nicholasholder
Community Member

Red exclamations.

Hi.

When a job posting has red '!''s because, for example, I am yet to have a job success score or I am not in the rising talent category, if I submit proposals for that job will it still be visible to the client or does it get weeded out.

I appreciate my chance of success is less as I have not hit certain criteria (hence the red !'s) but my question is, does my proposal still arrive in the clients inbox where potentially it will be seen? Hopefully I can rectify these issues ASAP but until then I would be great to know there is still a chance.

Many thanks

Nick

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Nicholas H wrote:

When a job posting has red '!''s because, for example, I am yet to have a job success score or I am not in the rising talent category, if I submit proposals for that job will it still be visible to the client or does it get weeded out.

It is still shown to the client. If there are lots of applicants, your proposal may be shown below others who fit more of the preferences, but like most freelancers, I regularly win contracts where I do not fit all the preferences.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Nicholas H wrote:

It is still shown to the client. If there are lots of applicants, your proposal may be shown below others who fit more of the preferences, but like most freelancers, I regularly win contracts where I do not fit all the preferences.

Hi Petra

Thanks so much for the speedy reply. Thats good to know. I will keep plugging away.

Cheers

Nick

ajitmrin
Community Member

Hi Nicholas,

There are lot of things that you need to keep in mind to become a successful freelancer. Since you are a photo editor, let your work and images speak for you. Add more samples and best works you have done in your portfolio for the clients to see.

Begin with applying for small, quick jobs to get few successfully completed contracts under your belt. The price you quote also is one of the factor which the clients would take into account while selecting, it has to be just right depending on whether he/she is looking for lowest bid or prepared to spend more for quality. 

So concentrate on winning and completing contracts, all the rest will follow.

Cheers

Ajit

Hi Ajit

That sounds like great advice. I will definately focus on the smaller jobs to begin with to get a foot in the door.

Many thanks indeed.

Nick

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members