🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Redirection to external platforms
Page options
c0ef2ca0
Community Member

Redirection to external platforms

Hello,
I have a question about the contract that I signed as standard with the client, the price is fixed for this project, the link "Log in to ......" for translation directs me directly to the translation platform outside of Upwork.
Can I have a problem with Upwork if I work directly on that platform? The client is highly rated, has paid out millions to freelancers. I don't know how to record the closing job since the contract is fixed paid.
Best regards
Emina

Emina Begeta
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For now whole your job budget is $5. Thats all what client must pay.

You can ask client to edit milestone and prefund amount as agreed. Or complete milestone then add next one and prefund it. Starting with $5 budget it isnt a good idea if you expect to receive $1.5K.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
spectralua
Community Member

What is the translation platform?

Webformen......, I can't write full name or link because Upwork doesn't allow it.

Emina Begeta

Got it. Procedure is:

Client opening contract. Be sure that milestone prefunded and contract started.

Prooceed task. If you need to do it at other site - feel free to do.

Use "Submit milestone" option for contract, include results there.

Client accepting works, closing contract.

Within contract running you can use any tools or sites you need.

440841844_1392472724773209_6840423354015045396_n.jpg

Emina Begeta

Should I go to "propose new milestone" or can I use the link that the client sent me in the message?

Emina Begeta

You have contract started. Job cost is $5. "Submit work" mean that task completed. You can start works now if $5 is price you agree.

The job is in the contract for $1,500 for a 60,000-word translation, and the client paid $5 in advance.

Emina Begeta

For now whole your job budget is $5. Thats all what client must pay.

You can ask client to edit milestone and prefund amount as agreed. Or complete milestone then add next one and prefund it. Starting with $5 budget it isnt a good idea if you expect to receive $1.5K.

The client needs to fund a second milestone before you start working. The contract amount is not what you will be paid. You will only be paid the funded amount.

What is the budget for your project?

Right now, the funded milestone is just for $5. You should not work for more than $5. If the client wants more work, they need to pay the first milestone, and fund a second milestone.

The job is in the contract for $1,500 for a 60,000-word translation, and the first milestone has been prepaid. What should I do as a next step? Propose a new milestone maybe?

Emina Begeta

Submit works for milestone 1 and propose milestone 2. Or ask client to do that. Be sure that milestone 2 is active and prefunded. You have example: your milestone is 1 prefunded and active, it is good for $5 amount.

Thank you so much.

Emina Begeta

Propose a milestone for the remaining of $1495. If the client is so high rated, they should know that. The client will need to accept the request, and fund the amount. Make sure to only work for the funded amount, otherwise you won't be paid. If they don't do that, it is not safe to continue with that client.

eleoz
Community Member

Emina, you might be hired for a project worth 1,500$ but if the milestone funded is just 5$, you need to have clear in mind why the client funded that amount.
It might be an error or the client might pay your retro-actively, meaning you work and then, on agreed terms, the client issues the payment. Of course, this option is not reccomended as you have no assurance you'll get paid at all.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members