🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reducing Work Hours
Page options
nancyagu99
Community Member

Reducing Work Hours

Hello everyone, I need help.

I recently joined upwork and got an hourly paid job .The job was agreed at 1hr per week because it is a simple task. The job was tracked by Upwork and I have gotten to the end of the first week. The client sent me this message below and I am a bit confused on the next step to take. Is it Okay to go with what the client said below?

"I noticed there are hours on your time tracker, could you kindly delete them, considering that the payment for the task will be released as a "bonus" once the 7 job ads are completed"

3 REPLIES 3
spectralua
Community Member

Look like client want job for free. Now client must pay your work. If you will delete time then client owe nothing to you. So your choice to receive money for works or no.

the-right-writer
Community Member

Do not delete your time! This is a scam. Being paid with a bonus is almost certainly a scam, and it is in this situation. Inform the client you have a contract, and you will not be deleting or change your method of receiving payment.

Document everything, all messages, no matter from where; keep everything. Inform the client you work through Upwork's Terms of Service, and everything must be followed. You don't have to take some promised future bonus, nor should you or anyone. This situation is another reason why everyone must be cautious and follow not just the hard rules, but best business practices as well.

Use the Academy to learn more about contracts and how to protect yourself.

If you have questions or concerns, post before you accept a job, and an experienced freelancer or more will respond.

lysis10
Community Member

Nope, and it makes no sense. He doesn't want to pay you or wants to have an out. He can pay the tracked hours. It would be no different than paying a bonus, right Mr Honest Client?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members