🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Redund problem
Page options
costa-bruna
Community Member

Redund problem

a client of old keeps messing me about a refund for a $50 project. She said I did a great job, then she accepted and paid. She wanted edits a week later. When I did, she accepted it again. Now she wants a refund a week later, again. I'm really over it and I know it's not worth it, but I don't know what to do. 

9 REPLIES 9
PradeepH

Hi Bruna,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a client. I see that there are no active contracts on your Upwork account. If you are referring to one of your ended contracts, you have the ability to issue a refund for 180 days after the payment is received. Check out this help page on how to send a refund. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Prdeep,

Would I be able to end my upwork account? I would prefer not to refund it, but I understand, or I can try to of course.  

Why would you want to end your Upwork account? Just tell the client you are not willing to refund the money and böock them.

At this point, the client has not filed a dispute, just asked for a refund.

Gosh, just figuring out  🙂  Gosh Darn it, and may the good things come, and this be gone. Evaporo ( a made up spell) 

Please let me know if I'll be able to end the account, maybe start a new one. Yes, or how this may be resolved. It's not fair of her, and it's up to me to do the rest for what is. 

Bruna C wrote:

Please let me know if I'll be able to end the account, maybe start a new one. Yes, or how this may be resolved. It's not fair of her, and it's up to me to do the rest for what is. 

No, you are not permitted to end the account and start a new one. We each get one account per lifetime to make of what we will.

Really? I ended it many moons ago ( I think). Man, maybe I'm wrong, ya never know!

m_terrazas
Community Member

Bruna C wrote:

a client of old keeps messing me about a refund for a $50 project. She said I did a great job, then she accepted and paid. She wanted edits a week later. When I did, she accepted it again. Now she wants a refund a week later, again. I'm really over it and I know it's not worth it, but I don't know what to do. 

If your customer hasn't "officially" requested a refund, you don't have to do anything. Because, from what you say, she only asked you through the messages, correct?
Just tell the customer that you won't return the money.
On the other hand, why would you want to close your account?
If the client continues to bother you, block her.

ETA - Oops! I see that Petra already told you the same thing.

costa-bruna
Community Member

She officially requested it. She asked me to do her homework, I think.  I did hard work on and she was satisfied. When it wasn't perfect according to her needs, she needed edits a week after she had already released funds to me. I edited it for her, and shouldn't have, and then she accepted it. She said good things. Now she requested a refund. She's ....maybe lying , idk, but I dont want to pay 270 for her to get her money back. It is actually is $100 as I did 2 articles. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members