🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refund escrow amount to client
Page options
0b20e64f
Community Member

Refund escrow amount to client

Hi, The job was created for $100. But My fees is only $50. Due to some miscommunication between me and my client, the client had also added state fees. We decided that I would refund the $50. Now the job is ended. Client has released $50(my fees) . Client also raised a refund request of $50. Can you check my profile and the client's request that if I approve the request then the remaining $50 will be released from escrow account or whether the amount of $50 which client gives me will be given back to the client. So, by this way I will only get 0.

OR should the client first release full $100, then I can give him a refund of $50.

Job name: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please check my profile and the clients refund request and inform me what I have to do in this case. Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
wlyonsatl
Community Member

If you have already been paid the amount you expect to receive for your work on this project and money is left over in the escrow account for this project, just refund the amount still in escrow.

0b20e64f
Community Member

I request the moderators to please reply to my query, as it has been 8 hours since I raised it.

Hi Pravesh,

Will is correct! I looked closely and confirmed that the client had released the payment for the milestone you submitted. The client ends the job with an escrow balance. When you see an escrow refund request, the client requests a refund from the escrow balance, not your earnings. You can still expect the released amount to be your earnings.

Simply put, the client activated the milestone for $100 and only got to pay $50 for the project. There's still a $50 balance in escrow when the contract ends. That is what the Escrow refund request is for. I hope this clarifies.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members