🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refund on a contract that was ended almost tw...
Page options
959cc312
Community Member

Refund on a contract that was ended almost two months ago or changes without compensation

Hi Upwork community:

I had a client named **Edited for community guidelines** . He came to me for this contract **Edited for community guidelines** I worked for him and delivered all his assets as per his requirements and afterwards we also agreed to the designing a website as well. I totally designed his website as per his requirements as well ( in the same price nothing extra sign as a good gesture ). After more than countless revisions ( i have records of everything) , when he get totally satisfied, he finally paid for the contract. The contract was ended on 2nd september, 2021 on a good note. Now, after almost a month and a half he came back on 17th october and again asked for the revisions. I told him tha it will cost extra because you're asking for the other work which was not included in request, he told that I will not give you a single penny and do the changes.I did the revisions once again to avoid the conflict on the work which was delivered a month ago. Afterwards, he again asked for multiple revisions, he thought that I am a fool and I will be  doing the changes by leaving all my other work aside. Therefore, I stopped replying to him. Now on 21st october, 2021 he asked for the refund for the complete contract of $350 including gifs, static designs and a website. I have already over worked. Now he want me to do again tons of changes without any compenstation and threating me for the refund ( which he already did ) since i'm kind of new to this platform not sure about the policies so would to hear opinion of the experts. Waiting for the positive response and suggestions.  Thank you 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Hunain N wrote:

The contract was ended on 2nd september, 2021 on a good note. Now, after almost a month and a half he came back on 17th october and again asked for the revisions. Now on 21st october, 2021 he asked for the refund for the complete contract of $350

Just tell the client that you are not willing to refund because the work was done and approved by the client.

The client can no longer dispute. This is over.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Hunain N wrote:

The contract was ended on 2nd september, 2021 on a good note. Now, after almost a month and a half he came back on 17th october and again asked for the revisions. Now on 21st october, 2021 he asked for the refund for the complete contract of $350

Just tell the client that you are not willing to refund because the work was done and approved by the client.

The client can no longer dispute. This is over.

959cc312
Community Member

Thank you so much, I am just ignoring the refund request from the client.

prestonhunter
Community Member

It is not Upwork's intention that freelancers work for free.

It is a violation of Upwork ToS for a client to ask a freelancer to work for free.

It is COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE for a client to ask a freelancer to work for free.

Even if Upwork rules allowed it, it is a bad idea. It hurts the client.

A client who asks a freelancer to work for free is hurting himself.

As a client, I don't want to have freelancers working for free on my important projects. There is no motivation to do a good job when they are pressured to work for free. And there is no motivation to make my project a priority. A freelancer has 5 projects he is working on. 4 of the clients are clearly paying him. One of the clients asked for free work on a closed contract. When will the freelancer get to the free work? Maybe next week. Maybe next month. Maybe never. It's a bad idea for the client.

When a contract is closed, that's it.

The contract is closed.

Time to work on the project is over.

As a client, if I have a project that I want MORE WORK DONE ON, then the best person to ask is probably the original freelancer who did the work.

I will contact the freelancer and the FIRST THING I SAY is that I want to hire the freelancer to do more work. I make sure the freelancer KNOWS that he will be PAID for any new work he does.

Thank you so much,  I am just ignoring the refund request from the client.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members