🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suspended
Page options
Community Member

Suspended

I have not used upwork in along time,I 2 have accounts and this one is the one I want to mainly use. I was asked to send my documentation (Government issued ID) I did, I was asked to take a selfie,I did, I have changed my password because I forget it everytime, until I got myself to finally write it down, I have done nothing illegal I am just trying to use my account, I am willing to provide any information needed. I have 2 accounts and I only want to keep this one. I was notified that my account was suspended but I was not given a reason. How can we fix this please? when will my account be back to normal? I aslo would liike to mention that I have not received an email these last 2 days concerning this only an Upwork notification and it does not provide any reaseon, it also shows that Upwork accepted my documentation and that I 'm a verified freelancer with a blue check next  to it, I believe my suspension is a mistake. I havee tried to chat and I have not recieved a response frm a live agent, only the automated bot. Please hep, so that I can get back to working.

9 REPLIES 9
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You were suspended because you have 2 accounts would be my guess. No, that's not illegal, just against upwork terms of service. 

Thank you for your response, greatly appreciate it have 2 accounts because one is verified (this one) and the other is not, the other account I made almost 3 years ago and never used it and do not know my information to log on, I really dont want that account, but by no means did I mean to violate Upwork rules. I would like to just keep thi one account please.

Jennifer B wrote:

Thank you for your response, greatly appreciate it have 2 accounts because one is verified (this one) and the other is not, the other account I made almost 3 years ago and never used it and do not know my information to log on, I really dont want that account, but by no means did I mean to violate Upwork rules. I would like to just keep thi one account please.

I don't know how they will do it, but IF they allow you to keep an account, it should be the first one you created, not the one that seems best to you.

How long does the suspension last? do they suspend my account or close it? How can I get this fixed with an Upwork administrator? Thank you in advance.

re: "I have done nothing illegal"

I like to avoid using the word "illegal" when we talk about what we are allowed to do or not do on Upwork.

I recommend we use phrases such as "against ToS" or "allowed."

We can reserve the words "legal" an "illegal" for when we speak about laws mandated go geographic-based government entities such as federal, state, and municipal laws.

re: "How long does the suspension last? do they suspend my account or close it? How can I get this fixed with an Upwork administrator?"

A true SUSPENSION is meant to be temporary.

If a freelancer's account has been TERMINATED, that is intended to be permanent.

But a SUSPENSION is meant to be for a temporary amount of time, or more often, until a freelancer has fixed problems with their account.

LOTS of active Upwork freelancers have had their accounts suspended in the past, but are now working normally.

Thank you for your feedback, you are correct.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer,

Our team has reached out to you just recently regarding your request and account status. Please check this link for the ticket related to your concern or check the last email sent to you by our team which details what steps you should take to lift the hold on your account. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Preston H wrote:

A true SUSPENSION is meant to be temporary.

If a freelancer's account has been TERMINATED, that is intended to be permanent.

But a SUSPENSION is meant to be for a temporary amount of time, or more often, until a freelancer has fixed problems with their account.

On Upwork, a suspension may be temporary or permanent. There is no distinction. The word "terminated" is not used.

When a member's account is suspended, that could be temporary or permanent. depending on the violation that led to the suspension.

Jennifer B wrote:

How long does the suspension last? do they suspend my account or close it? How can I get this fixed with an Upwork administrator? Thank you in advance.

Your only way forward is to use your first account and delete the second, since you are only allowed one account. You can't chose. You need a moderator to assist you recover the first account. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members