Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund remaining escrow?

jyhsiao
Ace Contributor
June H Member Since: Nov 29, 2016
1 of 5

A client fully funded a project but has closed the contract after 2 milestones because they no longer need the work.   They just approved the 2nd milestone for payment. 

I dont' see a way for refunding the remaining escrow amount so I assume I should wait until it's paid out before granting the refund for the remaining amount in the milestone? 

Thanks.

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

The client can close the contract and it will give them the option to request a refund of the outstanding milestone/milestones and then you will have to approve it. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

View solution in original post

jyhsiao
Ace Contributor
June H Member Since: Nov 29, 2016
3 of 5

Thanks Katrina.

I re-read the page and it now says that the client's request for the escrow refund is approved and there is $0 in escrow (and my payment is pending).  I'm guessing that both sides giving feedback set that in motion. 

313719fc
Bruce K Member Since: Jan 8, 2019
4 of 5

What happens if the freelancer does not respond? I closed the job due to a non-responsive freelancer and requeted a refund of escrow.  What happens if he does not approve it (because he has been non-responsive for over a month)?

prachi163
Community Guru
Prachi T Member Since: Nov 4, 2017
5 of 5

The escrow amount would be refunded to the client after 7 days from requesting the refund if the freelancer fails to respond either way.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS