🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refund request from client
Page options
himanijaiswal
Community Member

Refund request from client

Hi, 

What exactly a freelancer should do if their client's account is suspended and still the client initiates a refund request for the milestone on which they are working? 

Should the freelancer approve the refund? How does doing this will affect the freelancer's profile? What a freelancer should do under Upwork policies that will not impact their profile.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Himani,

Whether you agree to give a refund to your client or not, it will not have any impact on your freelancer profile. The only thing that can affect your profile is the ratings that the client gives you after the contract is closed. Therefore, you should try to maintain a good relationship with your client and deliver quality work to avoid low ratings.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Himani,

Whether you agree to give a refund to your client or not, it will not have any impact on your freelancer profile. The only thing that can affect your profile is the ratings that the client gives you after the contract is closed. Therefore, you should try to maintain a good relationship with your client and deliver quality work to avoid low ratings.

- Pradeep

Upwork
himanijaiswal
Community Member

Does this affect the job success score of a freelancer? 

Hi Himani,

As Pradeep mentioned above, your Job Success Score can be impacted if the client provides poor feedback. If you refund the client for all of your earnings on that contract, while parties won't be able to provide public feedback on a contract that didn't have any payments, they can still provide private feedback. If the client provides positive private feedback on a contract with no earnings, that contract will be excluded from JSS. If the client specifies in their feedback that the contract had a negative outcome, that will be counted in the score.

If the client doesn't provide private feedback on a contract with no earnings, that contract will be excluded from the JSS calculation.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
bobafett999
Community Member

If the buyer account is suspended, he can't do anything.  Most of the time you should reject the refund demand.

Can you please guide me, if I reject his refund request, does this affect my profile status or consider as the violation of upwork policy. 

I messaged the client to resolve his suspension issue via upwork support but he is not even answering me. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members