🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refund request
Page options
abbas_tauseef
Community Member

Refund request

A client has recently asked for a refund for a document I wrote for him.  

I was sad for not producing the kind of work the client would love. However, I just visited his website and noticed he's posted the document that I have written for him. Isn't it a fraud and would I be able to get my money? 

Do you think this is a good enough proof that the client is a fraudulent and shouldn't be able to get his money back? 

5 REPLIES 5
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

I don't know if that would serve as proof. But I recommend you take a few screenshots of the article on his website clearly showing the website address and your document, multiple screenshots! If possible use loom to record the video of the screen with your article showing completely scroll up and down while recording the screen. 

If it goes to dispute, he is likely to temporarily remove the article to prove you wrong! 

abbas_tauseef
Community Member

I did that and sent an email to customer support.  I'm baffled how unethical one can get? 

This was the first ever customer who told me he wasn't super happy with the write ups.  

I offered revisions and asked to let me know which section he didn't like and I will revise it.  

Then all of a sudden he asked for a refund and uploaded the works to his website. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tauseef, 

I checked your account, and I can see that you have already filed a ticket with the Customer Support Team for the same concern. I'll make sure to follow up with them so that they can reach out to you soon. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank-you.

I got a reply that seems an auto-generated. 

They're telling me how to decline the refund request which I already know.  My concern was that the screen shots I've attached while emailing customer support would help me not to let that fraudulent person take my money? 

I right now visited his website again and the stuff is still there. 

Hi Tauseef,

If you still have questions please feel free to reply directly to your support ticket with our team as they are the ones who can best assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members