🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refusal of offer
Page options
ilonikso
Community Member

Refusal of offer

Hi community, I have a situation like this.

We chatted with a client about his project. He sent me an offer, but after some time he changed the price. New conditions did not suit me and I decided to refuse. After I refused, he began to curse, put pressure on me and threaten with a complaint so that I would never receive orders again.

I repeat, we did not have a contract, we only discussed the details of the project in a chat upwork, and he sent me an offer that I did not accept.

Are such complaints possible, what consequences can they have for me as a freelancer, and can this somehow affect my rating?

Thank you for your attention, Illia

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Illia,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. Rest assured, you won't have any problems with your profile.
Could you also send me a PM (click on my name) with more information about the client so that our team can investigate it further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Illia,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. Rest assured, you won't have any problems with your profile.
Could you also send me a PM (click on my name) with more information about the client so that our team can investigate it further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your fast answer!

I would not want to conduct any investigation regarding the client, maybe he has a bad day, everything happens.

But if necessary, I can provide all the necessary information in PM.

Sincerely yours, Illia

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Illia,

A client cannot leave any type of review or complaint about you on Upwork if you have never had an Upwork contract with him or her.

I'd guess you are lucky he showed his true colors (significantly changing the $ value of the work from you) before you officially agreed to work with him. (Always pay close attention to this. I've had at least two potential clients change contract terms from what we agreed and not notify me or address the change with me. I accepted that one did so as a mistake and she turned out to be a, um, "difficult to work with" person throughout the project.)

Ignore all of this cient's future communications if you never had a contract in place with him. You may be able to block further communications from him; someone else here will know whether that's possible.

Someone threatening you when you never even had a contract with them? An empty threat from a goofball. Completely ignore them. Do not engage. Block.

astepanov83
Community Member

Putting a pressure and threatening before a contract start is a heavenly sign that you should under no circumstances work with this client.

Some of my past client had family problems, money issues, bad days, presentations went totally wrong and lost customers. None of them ever showed aggression or expressed their anger.

Once someone does this to you, they will highly likely do it again in future.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members